Don't store your 0000 steel wool and 9v batteries in the same tub!

Started by bean, July 24, 2007, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

store your 0000 steel wool and 9v batteries in the same tub!

Fireball :icon_eek:

Guess I should have been able to figure that out beforehand.

darron

yeah! i showed some guys that as a trick... seriously, if you have a gig/tour bag, then isolate them.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

jonathan perez

awesome!

i wanna do that!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Solidhex

Yeah our guitar tech showed me that trick once. Its right up there with lighting picks and the hairspray/lighter combo.

--Brad

BoostAddict

That one guy on Survivorman on Discovery showed you how to start a fire if you're lost with steel wool and a battery  :icon_lol:

runmikeyrun

yeah we learned that in cub scouts on a camping trip.  I think i might be the only non-survivalist who might actually have those two things in my car if stranded  ;D
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

msurdin

I once smelled something burning and i walked twards it and found my friend knocked a bunch of stuff off my work space and I saw the wool was burning from the 9v

dano12

That's awesome, I remember the first time I made that mistake :)

Better yet are the lithium rechargeable batteries for RC airplanes. I through a couple in my pocket this summer while getting a plane set up. The leads shorted out and the thing burned a fireball through my pants. I've never taken pants off that quick.

darron

Quote from: dano12 on July 25, 2007, 07:00:25 PM
That's awesome, I remember the first time I made that mistake :)

Better yet are the lithium rechargeable batteries for RC airplanes. I through a couple in my pocket this summer while getting a plane set up. The leads shorted out and the thing burned a fireball through my pants. I've never taken pants off that quick.

oh man. that's open to all sorts of bad jokes...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!