Vibra-Tone with FET ouput amp idea

Started by markm, August 07, 2007, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm

Hey guys,
Just thought I put this out here on the forum, maybe some comments?
R.G., if you please Sir?!
What I did here was to leave Q4 as it is in the original circuit and add Q11, a JFET set up as just a very mild "boost" to amplify
the output in hopes of combating any volume loss from "lo-gain" FETS.
Q11 is set up with the mods from R.G. as described to be performed on Q4 for more gain with a Volume trimmer at the end to set output volume to user taste.
I know there are no Values for the components at this time because, DIY Layout Creator "lost" them on me and I'll have to add the values in manually at a later date.
Those with any experience with this circuit, please lend me an opinion and R.G., what are your thoughts here?
This is an attempt to preserve the original circuit from R.G. found at GEOFEX.

VALUES:

snoof

I don't have anything to add really, except that I was going to do a similar thing; adding a stratoblaster at the end to make up gain.  I have not got around to it yet though, so I can't comment on the sound...

markm

My intentions with the last FET stage is to not really effect the overall sound of the circuit.
I don't know how much impact the stratoblaster would have on the tone.
Suppose any booster could work however, I guess I'm looking to have an all-in-one build instead of a seperate daughter board.

snoof

I totally agree, but unfortunately, I don't have the bread to etch another board, and order all the parts again :(

markm

I understand.
This is just a "fix" for those that have a volume issue on the output.
Strange for me though as I don't have this issue with mine?