Switching Idea. Will this work!?!?!?!?

Started by SmurfJ, August 07, 2007, 11:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmurfJ

Okay, so i wanted true bypassing.   well no matter what i couldnt seem to get (from radioshack) a pushbutton DPDT or even a 3pdt.  Well... i thought of a way )i think... to get true bypassing with an spdt.  Right now my distrotion pedal is on a breadboard and i havent tried this. but id like to.  well. will this work??  I tried it by hand, and it seems liek it will, but i lose serious volume. as the volume pot is connected to the output as well...  will it work?  and is there a way to fit an led without tone sucking??   THE BLACK LINE REPRESENTS THE SWITCH BACK AND FORTH TO THE BLACK DOTS (for clarificatoin)

JOHNO

it looks to me old mate that is just the old style wah or big muff switching and will probaly suck tone out of ya axe but it will bypass the effect. kinda. icould be wrong

SonicVI

That's one of the ways they used to do bypassing back in the day when SPDT's were more common, or cheaper. The effect output is always connected to the output jack so it isn't true bypass.

SmurfJ

SonicVI

I had an old Big Muff that was switched that way pretty much and even when it was bypassed you could hear hiss coming through. I probably depends on the effect how noisy or tone-sucking it will be.

JOHNO

i think ya have ta have a pretty good ear to hear the lose of tone unless ya have a few pedals in your board switched the same way.itll only suck tone when its turned off and ya not gonna tune it of and play pretty chords are ya?lol

SmurfJ