For Those Who Have Built the Shaka Tube...

Started by the_random_hero, August 16, 2007, 07:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_random_hero

Could I ask a little favour of you? Can somebody read the maximum current draw when running off a 12VAC adaptor? I found an old 500mA one that I'd like to use when I get around to finishing it off. I know the heaters will be drawing around 300mA, but not too sure of the rest of the circuit.
Thanks  :)
Completed Projects - Modded DS1, The Stiffy, Toaster Ruby, Octobooster Mk. II, Pedal Power Supply

george

I've used a 500ma 12VAC adaptor on my ST for a couple of years now, never had any problems with it.

hth ....!

JimRayden

Quote from: the_random_hero on August 16, 2007, 07:24:32 AM
Could I ask a little favour of you? Can somebody read the maximum current draw when running off a 12VAC adaptor? I found an old 500mA one that I'd like to use when I get around to finishing it off. I know the heaters will be drawing around 300mA, but not too sure of the rest of the circuit.
Thanks  :)

The rest won't be more than just a few milliamps so you're safe there. 500mA is perfect for a tube pedal.

--------
Jimbo

petemoore

What draws the most current is the heater, and that should be on the tube data sheet.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

the_random_hero

Quote from: petemoore on August 16, 2007, 08:27:41 AM
  What draws the most current is the heater, and that should be on the tube data sheet.

That's what I mentioned in the first post  ;) I thought 1A would be a bit of overkill as the output voltage would be much higher than the 12VAC it's rated for. I'm currently using it for a pedal power unit, but it's awesome that it's got more than one use for me.
Completed Projects - Modded DS1, The Stiffy, Toaster Ruby, Octobooster Mk. II, Pedal Power Supply