TS-808 clone doesn't work - strange voltages

Started by yeeshkul, August 27, 2007, 10:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeeshkul

Hi guys, i have just soldered up my first TS-808 clone and it doesn't work :(. The voltages on the IO pins are exactly as they should be. Battery is new (9.7V).
The voltages on the all 3 pins of the both transistors are around 9V  >:( Q1 (E=8.97V, B=8.97V, C=9.7V), Q2(E=8.94V, B=8.94V, C=9.7V) which is probably the problem.
Do you think i destroyed the transistors while soldering (i soldered them as quickly as possible ...), or have you any other idea?

Thank you

fixr1984

Can you post a link to or a picture of the layout
you used? That might help in the debugging.

yeeshkul

it was the old layout from GGG site. they changed it recently but i haven't found any comment on the change. i guess the old one should be working - it was there for long time ...
ah i see - the new one is actually just modified for smaller enclosures

yeeshkul

well i removed the both transistors and put there sockets instead and measured voltages without the trannies - and base was suddenly 3V. I guess i am gonna buy new trannies :)

yeeshkul

all right, solved!  ;D
It was pinout of the trannies. I have Japanese transistors - when you hold the tranny facing the flat side of the case (with it's legs downwards) then pins are E C B (base is NOT in the middle here!!!). After finding out about the pinout i made another mistake turning the tranny sidewise ( :icon_twisted:) ... two mistakes = big troubles, hehehe.
It sounds great! Big thanks to this forum and ggg site.