what produces this tone?

Started by bonkdav, September 07, 2007, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkdav

i want to build a compressor but i cant decide which one will best fit my needs.  I think this guy is using one from 2:16 to 2:30ish in the song lazy eye http://www.myspace.com/silversunpickups can anyone suggest a build that will produce this tone?  also check out their other songs and videos if you like delay and sweet fuzz tones.

petemoore

R.H. sweeps doing the 'windshield wiper' on the A/G string [with L.H. fretting up on the neck sounds like a hard compressor...'in there with'.
  A nice little tube amp'll do most all of that except all the fine tuned effects.
  could be digital tone processing @ line level AFAICT, I get the idea this migth be the case because it sounds like young dudes focusing their efforts on all these neat effects..if that's analog/tube/speaker more kudo's ..lol. Also the fine array of rythm type tones and the 'also with' type effects [notice the echo, reverb changes as the tone does], to get all that going live you'd need some kind of looper, probably split/blend also, consider multiple channels of amp even.
  The groove that takes over after the quiet intro part sounds like a basic amp...could be Spyder..could be Simulator...could be OS comp driving tubes driving 'the speaker.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.