i'm lookng for cmos555's for my ugly face.

Started by foxfire, September 09, 2007, 11:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfire

i have burnt out 4 cmos555 from radio shack so i want to try another supplier/brand. i tried mouser but it was telling me that i would have to get a quote and what not. all i want is like 4-5, hardly quote worthy.

mars_bringer_of_war

If you keep burning those chips, it might be a bigger problem than the chip itself. I built an uglyface and used a RS chip with no problems at all. Are you sure you are using the right 555? They're not all created equal.
I will quietly resist.

foxfire

this is what i've been using, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062595&cp=2032058.2032230.2032279&parentPage=family. if you say you've used the same one without problem then i must have something wrong. the main reason i was thinking it might be the ic is that it works/sounds fine until it over heats.

mars_bringer_of_war

What I keep coming back to is what this sounds like if it's not working right?  ;D
You have the right chip there, that's what I have in mine. Maybe something isn't grounded properly, or one or more of the electros is oriented wrong.
If you only burned up one, I'd say bad chip, two chips-bad luck, but 4...might want to check your work.
I will quietly resist.

smallbearelec

SKU 1532 on my Stock List is the right item, but as someone else has noted, the chip should not overheat if the circuit is wired right. Check out your build before you blow another one.

Regards
SD