Rangemaster pot question

Started by Krinor, September 30, 2007, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krinor

Hi,

I just finished another Rangemaster. I built it on the GGG board and followed this layout:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/geb_rm_lo_pp.gif

Could someone please take a look at this file and tell me if something is wrong with it ?
Somehow it seems my potmeter is reversed. Full gain at far left. Turning clockwise lowers volume/gain.
Also 10k doesn't seem to be ideal for this circuit ? Any suggestions will be gratly appreciated.

DryRoasted

Hi,

Don't forget this is a PNP circuit with the ground being 9volt so somethings will look a little weird
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

hairyandy

Quote from: Krinor on September 30, 2007, 05:58:52 PM
Hi,

I just finished another Rangemaster. I built it on the GGG board and followed this layout:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/geb_rm_lo_pp.gif

Could someone please take a look at this file and tell me if something is wrong with it ?
Somehow it seems my potmeter is reversed. Full gain at far left. Turning clockwise lowers volume/gain.
Also 10k doesn't seem to be ideal for this circuit ? Any suggestions will be gratly appreciated.

Just reverse the connections on the two outer lugs of the pot.  It's just wired backwards, no big deal.  10K works fine and is the original value but lately I've been building them with 25K pots and I think they sound better (a little more gain maybe?).

Andy
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

tcobretti

I personally would leave the pot out altogether and just run at full boost all the time.

hairyandy

Quote from: tcobretti on September 30, 2007, 08:33:41 PM
I personally would leave the pot out altogether and just run at full boost all the time.

Now there's an idea!  :)

Andy
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

tcobretti

JHS

Some stock RM have a 25k pot instead of the 10k for a more agressive sound.
One of my RM clones has a 25k pot and optional a 18k R that can be switched in (parallel with the pot) for that classic sound.

JHS

joelap

- witty sig -

tcobretti

Whenever I hear that line I think of Jack Black from Anchorman after he punts Ron Burgundy's dog Baxter off a bridge.

Baktown

Everything on 11!

That's the way I roll!

Rock on!

Axl Bundy