searching for some Bad Stone mods

Started by Marcos - Munky, October 26, 2007, 06:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

I'm looking for any kind of mods. Any suggestions? Also, the effect volume is lower than unity, what can I use as a recovery stage?

Angle Loss

I disconnected the manual control on mine.  I then took out the resistor that set the gain (I believe at the input) and put a pot in its place (where the manual knob was).  No extra circuitry or booster need.  Now when I turn the feedback all the way up and it looses volume, you can compensate by adjusting the volume.  Having a fixed resistor for a higher volume was better, but there is still the issue of it not having equal volume across the feedback range (mostly towards the end/all the way up).  That and a true bypass mod and its my favorite phaser. 

lowstar

my "mods" were adding a non-inverting opamp gain stage with volume knob to have it working in true bypass and a pulsing rate led. i think i took the v+ for the led off the lfo, but i don´t know exactly anymore...it has been on my pedalboard in the rehearsal room ever since !
hands down the best bass phaser for me that i have ever heard and played. the last finishing touch would be to paint it and give it nice decals like the majority of my other pedals, but i don´t wanna take it off my pedalboard even for 2 weeks !  ;D

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

Marcos - Munky

Could you post the schematic you used for the gain stage? And if you can post how you made the pulsing rate led it will be cool.

chemosis

theres a mod on www.interruptor where u can run the lfo and the auto manual at the sametime. theres a video on youtube. he even drew out a wiring diagram for the mod and wow it also sounds awsome, i just dont quite understand it because im just a noob that needs clarification

chemosis

www.interruptor.ch/Php5/dubboard/viewtopic.php?t=2069&sid      heres the website and the youtube video is bad stone modified. can anyone explain this to me?? it sounds awsome