Multi effect mangler

Started by Wounded Paw, November 08, 2007, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wounded Paw

So walking home from the pub one night I see this DJ mixer board in the trash so of course I grab it and take it home. After ripping out the VU meter section to figure some stuff out for an unrelated project, I decided the best thing I could do with this unit was to make it into a multi effects unit for bass for myself. So I ripped out all the electronics, designed a four way signal splitter and blender, installed four stomp switches and proceeded to tinker. Now it is a four channel bass pedal board that uses the original faders for various volume and gain controls as follows:

Channel 1 uses the first stomp switch to turn the whole thing on and off and the fader right above that (leftmost) controls the clean volume

Channel 2 is a bass distortion of my own design and uses the next two faders for volume and gain or drive and two more faders in what was the EQ section for bass and treble.

Channel 3 is a modified Screaming Meanie which is why the expression pedal is hooked up to the board.

Channel 4 is a Hysterisis oscillator at the moment but that will change soon.

So basically you can control the volume of the different channels with the original faders and turn the channels on and off with the stomp switches across the bottom. All four channels get mixed together at the end and sent to the amp.

Still a work in progress but fun to play with and it's got some fun blinky lights where the VU meters used to be. The reason there is so much wiring and about 7 handmade PCBs is that the actual inner workings change on a regular basis.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

ambulancevoice

awsome! can we see some larger pics?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

demonstar

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein