News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Markm's OVD debug

Started by s.r.v., December 13, 2007, 02:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.r.v.

Hi,
I etched my first pcb for this, and its not working  ??? I can't figure out whats wrong. So, I figured a more intelligent person here could help:

LED lights
-no power to board, but its connected right to the 9v? no power right at 9v jack either

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album15/album76/OVD+LAYOUT_001.png.html

pictures:

hope those help.

i'd really like to get this working so i can a/b it with the real thing!

s.r.v.

it works! only on battery though so i will sort that out later. the tone knob doesnt do much, but this thing is pretty close to the real one. its definilty not the same, but its close. ill post a demo once i sort out all the problems (there are a few). But it works!

Zben3129

Hmmmm, works on battery, not jack...

If you have a metal jack and a metal enclosure you may need to isolate the jack from they enclosure as the jack is conductive, try this and see what happens.

Zach

dap9

Quote from: s.r.v. on December 13, 2007, 11:15:11 PM
it works! only on battery though so i will sort that out later. the tone knob doesnt do much, but this thing is pretty close to the real one. its definilty not the same, but its close. ill post a demo once i sort out all the problems (there are a few). But it works!

Congrats man!!  But I can't see any of those pics.  Please keep us posted on your progress and I can't wait to hear the clips.

bipedal

Been wondering about that OVD because I'm curious about using FETs as clippers.

On MarkM's layout, does lug 1 of the tone pot go to ground?

- Jay
"I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -T. Edison
The Happy Household; The Young Flyers; Derailleur

s.r.v.

Congrats man!!  But I can't see any of those pics.  Please keep us posted on your progress and I can't wait to hear the clips.
[/quote]
Sorry I took the pics down after it worked. Ill add them again later  :icon_biggrin:

Quote from: bipedal on December 14, 2007, 10:12:37 AM
Been wondering about that OVD because I'm curious about using FETs as clippers.

On MarkM's layout, does lug 1 of the tone pot go to ground?

- Jay
It very well might. Ill try that because right now the tone knob does nothing. Ill keep you posted!

So i finally got this a/b with the real one through my tube amp. Its pretty damn close. It has a brighter sound, which i contribute to the tone section problems. I think i lowered the resistor going to the gain pot, so it might have more gain on hand. After the holidays when I get a real mic i will post some clips/videos of. Thanks guys!

s.r.v.

Tone knob Lug #1 HAS TO BE GROUNDED OR THE TONE SECTION WON'T WORK!!!!!!!
Thanks guys and nice catch Jay!!
heres a gutshot, and the outside says "OXD" when x=C. knobs are the same as the layout. black knobs, white paint, blue LED. i wont post a pic cause i know zvex got mad about that once, so i dont know about mr. fuller.
Enjoy! i highly recommend this build. but buy the real one first, its worth the $$$  :icon_biggrin: