Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

Just got this case from Rondo. Still hooking things up. Quality is pretty good, but I wouldn't jump up and down on it.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: bean on February 22, 2010, 01:34:41 PM
Just got this case from Rondo. Still hooking things up. Quality is pretty good, but I wouldn't jump up and down on it.

Yes, dont jump up and down on it!  The top and bottom are basically cardboard with a corrugated plastic overlay.  They are great for the price, as long as you treat them nicely.
Try a little tenderness.

jkokura

Here's the latest iteration.

Signal Path goes (not necessarily in order on board) : Boss Tu-2 > WHRL >  Ross Comp > Fooldrive > Blue Magic > Screamer 808 > Boss PH-2 (repainted, upper middle) > BYOC Analog Delay > Rebote 2.5 > Boss DD-3 > Volume Pedal. The little box in the bottom left corner is for switching my amps channel and reverb. Obviously everything is DIY but the Boss Pedals and Volume, however the Phaser will be replaced if I can get the SS I'm working on working, and I have a big 3 in one that will also remove the DD3 and WHRL to give me a second phaser, a Trem and Flanger also. That's a ways off though.

Pedalboards are fun! Although I've never honestly seen a DIY board (the actual board that is) that could compete with a Pedaltrain, I would like to attempt to replicate the way a Pedaltrain works in a size that I like better.

Jacob

jkokura

Yeah, I try to do that with everything I build. I like having little space between pedals, that way I can have MOAR! My biggest peeve with Boss actually.

Jacob

Adji

Hey guys, thought it was time I posted my board. Bean I cannot get over how awesome your stuff looks!

tuckster

At first I wanted to build a IKEA Gorm board but my Dad said he could do it better after I showed him the Gorm pics (no offense! the Gorm boards in this forum are cool but he wanted to build something different).
  • SUPPORTER

Leston Braun

I've got mine almost ready finally. Still trying to finish a 1590A buffer after the dirt boxes, and a BJF EGDM into the empty slot between the HB and OCD-clone. I think I posted a pic into this thread earlier when I was designing the board. Someone warned then that the wah might hum, being too close to the power strip, but luckily it doesn't.

knealebrown

nice and tidy  :D

what are those blue bits of 'tape' on their though? does that increase the bass response?  ;)

kneale
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

space_ryerson

Quote from: tuckster on March 06, 2010, 02:47:17 PM
At first I wanted to build a IKEA Gorm board but my Dad said he could do it better after I showed him the Gorm pics (no offense! the Gorm boards in this forum are cool but he wanted to build something different).

Nice!

tuckster

Thanks! ;D
It's not only nice its f***ing durable and very heavy. It might be possible to put a full stack on it instead of the small combo :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

Leston Braun

Quote from: knealebrown on March 08, 2010, 05:29:17 PM
nice and tidy  :D

what are those blue bits of 'tape' on their though? does that increase the bass response?  ;)

kneale

I just taped the yet unused 9V-plugs, to prevent the 1spot from grounding itself. Hope the new BJF arrives soon.. :) The missing buffer is just my own laziness..

knealebrown

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on March 09, 2010, 04:04:31 PM

The missing buffer is just my own laziness..

what buffer layout did you use? ive just built two and am not truly satisfied with either of them
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

maa

Work in Progress:

and my helper and critic:

Leston Braun

Quote from: knealebrown on March 09, 2010, 04:53:32 PM
Quote from: Geoff Leonard on March 09, 2010, 04:04:31 PM

The missing buffer is just my own laziness..

what buffer layout did you use? ive just built two and am not truly satisfied with either of them

I'm going to do "plon fentar" with added charge pump to run it on 12V, but my layout design is still in progress. I have no idea will it be good or not..

CynicalMan

Quote from: maa on March 10, 2010, 08:04:24 AM
Work in Progress:

How are the Hardwire pedals? I'm thinking about getting the reverb, chorus, or delay.

wavley

Quote from: CynicalMan on March 10, 2010, 03:43:33 PM
Work in Progress:

How are the Hardwire pedals? I'm thinking about getting the reverb, chorus, or delay.

+1 on that, I was thinking about the delay
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Scruffie

I've got the Hardwire Reverb, I gotta say it's all i've ever wanted from a Reverb, nice and sturdy and great sounds, my only critiscims would be i'm not sure how long the Push Button foot switch will last and mine doesn't seem to function properly with batteries (it turns on once fine but if you turn it off and on again, it just flashes) but mine was second hand.

But other than that, great little pedals, well built with lots of useful sounds in them, even the reverse reverb is more useful than I thought it would be. Certainly a step up from Digitechs old reputation and more than worth it in terms of value for money, you could throw it at the ground and it'd probably come out unharmed.

I want to get that there Delay too, it seems like a great tool especially with its looping function and once again the price is really good for what you get.

maa

Quote from: CynicalMan on March 10, 2010, 03:43:33 PM
Work in Progress:

The RV7 is top notch.
Chorus and Delay are decent.