Could someone look over my fuzz face layout?

Started by moro, January 06, 2008, 11:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moro

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting a silicon fuzz face to work and I was hoping someone could check my layout. I guess it would have made sense to have done that first, *before* I built the thing, eh? :icon_eek: (I did have it working on a breadboard.)

Here's the schematic:

And here's the layout:

I apologize for the quality of the schematic. Express PCB doesn't seem to be very smart about where it puts the component labels.

Oh, the weird little jog in the bottom right of the layout is to get around a pre-drilled mounting hole. Output is Volume lug 2.

Thanks!

dxm1

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 11:57:08 PM
I apologize for the quality of the schematic. Express PCB doesn't seem to be very smart about where it puts the component labels.

You can grab the labels with the mouse and move them.

GREEN FUZ

As far as I can tell your layout is fine. Perhaps you should try looking at all the usual suspects; soldering, transistor/capacitor orientation etc

moro

Quote from: dxm1 on January 07, 2008, 06:51:42 AM
You can grab the labels with the mouse and move them.

Wow, you are right. How embarrassing for me. :icon_redface: Thanks for the info. I'll fix that schematic.

moro

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on January 07, 2008, 08:08:43 AM
As far as I can tell your layout is fine. Perhaps you should try looking at all the usual suspects; soldering, transistor/capacitor orientation etc

That is what I was afraid of. I've gone over the board and the layout a million times and I can't see what's wrong. It's particularly frustrating because it's such a simple circuit.

I'll try looking at it again. I've been away from it for about two weeks, so that'll probably help. It's probably something really obvious and stupid.

Thanks!