Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelster

Cool.

That looks pretty reasonable. Thanks.

smurfedelic smurfberry

For a ZVex clone, I should have been a bit more daring with the design I guess, but I couldn't get into the groove.

Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

pickdropper

That is adorable.  I really like how the artwork goes Al the way to the bottom plate.

smurfedelic smurfberry

Quote from: pickdropper on October 25, 2013, 02:39:33 PM
That is adorable.  I really like how the artwork goes Al the way to the bottom plate.

Thanks!  Yeah, I liked how I ended up with that too.

I really dig the stuff you posted, but I'm too scared to use the CO2 laser they have at the DIY makespace close to me, no one seems to know if it will be able to handle the painted aluminium...
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

pickdropper

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on October 25, 2013, 03:30:40 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on October 25, 2013, 02:39:33 PM

Thanks!  Yeah, I liked how I ended up with that too.

I really dig the stuff you posted, but I'm too scared to use the CO2 laser they have at the DIY makespace close to me, no one seems to know if it will be able to handle the painted aluminium...

It should be able to handle painted aluminum just fine, but you may need to do a few passes with it.  I usually use flux remover to clean up an etch with powder coated boxes, but it tends to pull up paint, so you are better off trying to do more passes to dig through a bit better.

Paint won't present much of an obstacle for a laser engraver.  I just went away from it because I can't use my preferred cleaning solvents with it.

smurfedelic smurfberry

I think I should take the leap and insist on running it one a piece of aluminium that has been painted with primer and a few layers of paint.

I just need to go past the gatekeeper and say "this should work, we'll do one line and if it something worries you we'll end it"..

pickdropper

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on October 26, 2013, 07:52:36 PMI think I should take the leap and insist on running it one a piece of aluminium that has been painted with primer and a few layers of paint.

I just need to go past the gatekeeper and say "this should work, we'll do one line and if it something worries you we'll end it"..

What is the gatekeeper worried about?  That it will harm the laser?

Tell him/her that there is no PVC or vinyl and that the laser should be fine as long as they have their ventilation system hooked up.  It'll generate a lot less in the way of fumes than cutting acrylic does (which I assume they do there).

noobamp

kanji eternity burst...

and the insides

nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

smurfedelic smurfberry

Nice etch!!

Pickdropper, yeah I just need to be sure of myself and assertive i guess. The ventilation is not good, but not bad either. I'll suggest we'll do it right before closing time or such.

Havaden

Quote from: deeleyer on May 28, 2009, 03:00:13 PM
Here are:

And here are the VM Fuzz and the FuzzFace waiting for enclosure (still drying the paint)  ;D

Do you still have the layout for the fuzzface, ive been trying to make a compact dual 12mm pot layout like that for a while now. Im not so good at it ;)
It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

noobamp

thanks man...it was mostly luck!

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on October 27, 2013, 02:10:36 AM
Nice etch!!

nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

pickdropper

This is a 2-in-1 with a Si Fuzz Face on one side of the PCB (bottom) and a Si ToneBender on the other side.  The toggle chooses which one is active.

BLATANT SPAM WARNING:  This board will soon be sold as part of a 3-pack of boards on Madbean's forum.  The pack will include boards from the Bean, CultureJam and me.  We are selling these to add a bit more capital for launching our upcoming pedal company, Function f(x).

Mods: if the spam comment is a problem let me know and I'll remove it.

deadastronaut

good idea, i like a pedal that has more than 1 function/sound.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Trippy Demon

Built a Woolly Mammoth in a 1590A, cannot be called Mammoth anymore so I initially made it a Woolly Moth, but then I remembered the movie 'The Mothman Prophecies' and went with Woolly Mothman

Worked quite a while on reducing the pcb but after that it was relatively easy

Not my first 1590A but more of a real pedal than the easy BazzFuss, of which I can't show gutshots as I gave it away as a gift to the guitar player of my band.

danielzink

Quote from: Trippy Demon on October 30, 2013, 10:52:27 AM
Built a Woolly Mammoth in a 1590A, cannot be called Mammoth anymore so I initially made it a Woolly Moth, but then I remembered the movie 'The Mothman Prophecies' and went with Woolly Mothman

Worked quite a while on reducing the pcb but after that it was relatively easy

oooo !

I've been wanting to try some of those 3mm convex LED lenses ! Where'd you get 'em ?

I see them in the Mouser catalog - are those from there ?

Thanks, Dan

Trippy Demon

Quote from: danielzink on October 30, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
oooo !

I've been wanting to try some of those 3mm convex LED lenses ! Where'd you get 'em ?

I see them in the Mouser catalog - are those from there ?

Thanks, Dan

I've got them here locally in the Netherlands but they must be obtainable anywhere else. 3mm led, fresnel lens plastic clip, drill hole 4.5mm, there's also a high model and they come in yellow, green, blue, clear and red.

Kipper4

Coolio.
Love the lens mounts.
Nice pedals man
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

pickdropper

Yeah, I've always liked those lenses.

Dan, you can get those at Mouser.  That's where I got mine from.

therealfindo

Quote from: pickdropper on September 28, 2013, 09:35:40 PM
Quote from: joelster on September 28, 2013, 09:26:24 PM
Hey, Pickdropper.

I'm sure you've probably answered this already but I'm just too lazy to go back thought this whole thread but...

Where do you get those lovely boards made?

Hey Joelster , I has that particular board done at ITeadStudio.

Hi Pickdropper - I don't suppose you've got an extra one of those sweet boards you'd be willing to sell?  :)

pickdropper

Quote from: therealfindo on October 31, 2013, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 28, 2013, 09:35:40 PM
Quote from: joelster on September 28, 2013, 09:26:24 PM
Hey, Pickdropper.

I'm sure you've probably answered this already but I'm just too lazy to go back thought this whole thread but...

Where do you get those lovely boards made?

Hey Joelster , I has that particular board done at ITeadStudio.

Hi Pickdropper - I don't suppose you've got an extra one of those sweet boards you'd be willing to sell?  :)

Most likely I do, but It depends on the particular board you are looking for.  Please shoot me a PM and we can figure it out.