Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousejeremy

Nowhere near cramming a Big Muff into a 1590a, but I'm happy with this nonetheless.
SHO clone.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

solderman

This one is the "That's Swell" DOD FX 15 Clone. Now finised and boxed
The rats nest you se connected to a coin that serves as a "conductive pick" in the set up. Instead of working the switch with your foot as on the original one (the foot switch is connecting S1 to GDN to start the duck and swell phase in the circut) I Just love the conductive pick setup. Its always 100% accurat in timing. You won't be able to be so precise "by foot". Drawback is that you have to have the special "connected pick". Here is the project file and the PCB transfer if some one wants to build it. It's sized for fitting in a 1950A enclosure but can of cause be put in whatever box.
It works verry well and the only change I've made is to put a 1M pull down resistor before the first cap at IN

Project file and PCB transfer
http://solderman.fatabur.se/swell/hat's%20Swell%20Project%20File.pdf
http://solderman.fatabur.se/swell/hat's Swell Project PCB.pdf

Soundsample of mine
http://solderman.fatabur.se/swell/swell.mp3

Soundsample from Youtube. Not mine but mine sounds the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdWrgiCQoY

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

azrael

^Very nice! I don't think I could ever commit to using a special pick for that effect, though, haha.

Processaurus

danielzink

I present......

The Bit O' Honey.

a 1590 version of a well known low gain Swedish overdrive.

Dan

liveloveshare

dude....
nice job..

what's that round thing that's socketed?

oliphaunt

solderman

Quote from: danielzink on October 28, 2009, 10:31:39 PM
I present......

The Bit O' Honey.

Dan

Hi Dan
That's a real beauty. I especially like the "honey look" and your PCB are a piece of gem as always. Really like that can package IC. High mojo.  How do you find the sound??  I have come to appreciate this one more and the longer I have tested it. I changed the drive pot to 200KA cause it did nothing after aprox 100K. Mine is undergoing paint job at the moment and will be assembled this weekend.

www.soldersound.com

danielzink

Quote from: solderman on October 29, 2009, 05:23:47 AM
Quote from: danielzink on October 28, 2009, 10:31:39 PM
I present......

The Bit O' Honey.

Dan

Hi Dan
That's a real beauty. I especially like the "honey look" and your PCB are a piece of gem as always. Really like that can package IC. High mojo.  How do you find the sound??  I have come to appreciate this one more and the longer I have tested it. I changed the drive pot to 200KA cause it did nothing after aprox 100K. Mine is undergoing paint job at the moment and will be assembled this weekend.

Thanks for the comments !

I like it a lot ! it sounds very close to the original - the controls act like the stock ones. I believe there is room for "tweakage" (ie:pot value changes etc.) but overall - a very nice smooth low gain OD.

Dan

danielzink

Quote from: liveloveshare on October 29, 2009, 01:15:48 AM
dude....
nice job..

what's that round thing that's socketed?

That's the IC. TO-99 package CA3130

Dan

Valoosj

Good to see you got it working. Killer paintjob!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

Hi Dan and every one else.
Here is my version of the same low gain overdrive as Dan presented earlier

May I introduce Mr Bumble Bee.....

Bumble Bee has two sides one is more gentle and smooth

The other side is more distorted and rock n roll

And this is under the skin

www.soldersound.com

solderman

And here is some more that I have made and not published here ....

First one out is just your average slightly modded Tube Screamer in a smaller enclosure.

The secon one is tha "Tremtation"  It's a slightly modded "Tremulus Lune" tremolo fitted in a small box.

The small pot's are for smooth and spacing and the switch is for ramp up/down mod.

I have a Big Muff Pi triangular kocking too.....

www.soldersound.com

Mugshot

Blues Grind Distortion. i dont have 14mm pots so i had to make do with the regular 16mm minis but cant get them to sit side by side. sigh.
i am what i am, so are you.

miska

Hey, solderman!

Are you planning on sharing the project files of these new pedals of yours? I couldn't find them on your site.
Great layouts!

/Miska

solderman

HI

Miska, Yes but I have sort of run out of disk space at my ISP for the site so when I have time I will tidy up and publich those as well.
But here is the DYI files for the YATS and the Tremtation. The Bumble bee I woun't publiche as it still is a commercial product and not widely spread but you can find it on "the other forum".     

This is the Big MUFF pi. Not really my kind of sound. but I do really like the coulor. The sound is  a bit over the top for my taste but it sounds like it should according to sound samples on YouTube.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/BMP/BMP Project file.pdf
http://solderman.fatabur.se/BMP/BMP_PCB.pdf

www.soldersound.com

Valoosj

Tonepad Rebote 2.5 and a crackle NOT okay boost  :icon_lol:

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

WhenBoredomPeaks

blue on blue

Here's a Babylon Fuzz I recently finished.  Really like this pedal, HUGE output.

Messy guts:

I've got another 1590A, trying to figure out what to put in it.  Current pick would be Dragonfly's Golden Dragon OD.
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Xaviers-shrine-of-noise/Layouts/Golden+Dragon.gif.html

edd101

Here is my first 1590A stomp box. Tonepad's Green Ringer - A little green man with big balls :icon_mrgreen:
I like this box a lot!

GUTS...
...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!