Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Quote from: jaydawg on May 21, 2010, 01:32:06 PM
Has anyone tried to include cliff jacks, DC jack and board mounted pots on their PCB yet? You wouldn't need a single length of wire to put it together!

where all the "joy" is then ? gone   :)

the most intriguing thing is to lay down all those wires so they don't short, don't touch, look nice...   :)

if one make a good planning for those kind of stuff you mention, then it's only matter to solder all the lugs to the right place, so the amusement is gone!   :D

good point for "planners" though

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

amptramp

Quote from: jaydawg on May 21, 2010, 01:32:06 PM
Has anyone tried to include cliff jacks, DC jack and board mounted pots on their PCB yet? You wouldn't need a single length of wire to put it together!

If the jacks protrude through the box, how would you assemble it?  Unless all pots, signal jacks and power jacks were on the same side, you would be stymied trying to get it into the case.

Taylor

You can use these jacks:

Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=793

Then you just pop the board in and screw the ferrules in.

jaydawg

Quote from: Taylor on May 22, 2010, 12:20:55 AM
You can use these jacks:

Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=793

Then you just pop the board in and screw the ferrules in.
Those are exactly what I had in mind.

The dc jack would me mounted to the board with just a hole in the enclosure to allow the plug to pass through.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=634

The pots would be something like this so you can compensate for the height of the footswitch.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=710

knealebrown

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

knealebrown

Taylor

That graphic is awesome. Did you draw that up or find it somewhere?

knealebrown

Quote from: Taylor on May 22, 2010, 01:43:07 PM
That graphic is awesome. Did you draw that up or find it somewhere?

Nah its some artwork i lifted off a web site. Couldnt find a theme that i wanted to use and then came across the clockwork orange squeezer theme....seems to work

arma61

I think I never posted this in this thread (though I did in the "Picture" thread), so here it is

note the knob is going up to 11 !  :D  :D  :D

Sorry, no guts, as it has been "sold" (for parts cots) to  a friend.

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

deadastronaut

now that would be cool to have a real speedo in there...that moved etc..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

neurino

Here's my Orange Squeezer, made off 2 '70s car radios parts (mostly all caps, the germanium diode and some res).

No volume pot but internal trimmer as the original, even if there was room for it under the veroboard but don't need it and didn't want to break graphics.  :icon_biggrin:

Taylor

Cool graphic - is that a laser transfer, but without etching?

neurino

Yes, laser toner on magazine paper then ironed on the enclosure,
technique needs some improvement since a little paper remains on the toner and can be seen backlight.

mattthegamer463

Quote from: neurino on May 25, 2010, 05:04:49 PM
Yes, laser toner on magazine paper then ironed on the enclosure,
technique needs some improvement since a little paper remains on the toner and can be seen backlight.

I found that by just continuing to rub it very gently in the warm water will eventually remove all the paper, and whats left will be greyish looking toner, but once you clear coat it goes back to black and looks great.

solderman

Hi
This is the supreme compressor "Diana Ross" now verified and working. The layout and projectfile can be found in post 466 on page 24 in this thread.
This is the Ross Compressor build.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

neurino

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on May 25, 2010, 05:27:52 PM
I found that by just continuing to rub it very gently in the warm water will eventually remove all the paper, and whats left will be greyish looking toner, but once you clear coat it goes back to black and looks great.

I continued rubbing for a long, long time :)...
Anyway I changed from acrylic paint (used for my Valvecaster) to a more-expensive water based transparent paint that is supposed to not blow away acryilic based permanent markers (not so permanent tho...) I use to retouch imperfections.
But this new paint is not as glossy as acrylic one so the toner does not go back to black as expected...
I should learn to use transparent acetate sheets to avoid the problem but it can stand only lower temperatures and toner is hard to fully transfer...
Maybe a lot of practice will help...

solderman

Hi This is the layout for the MXR Phas 90
I'll build it when I find time :D

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

gena_p1

Quote from: solderman on March 31, 2010, 01:22:18 AM
Hi
Here are some ones that I have put together lately and posted else ware but not here.

SUBWAVE Its the This is a clone of the Guyatone FL3 Flanger

Flanger in 1590A - this is brilliant!!!! When we'll see analog delay from you in 1590A? :) :) :)

as for me,  Hollis Ultraflanger is not a flanger, because it have no exponential VCO, so it's kind of chorus

CynicalMan