Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Quote from: lars-musik on March 10, 2016, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: bluebunny on March 10, 2016, 04:10:21 AM

Nathan (vigilante397) has a "special relationship" with Tayda.   ;D

Can I have one, too? Sounds promising....

It's not that promising, I promise :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

KSG

Hello, guys!
Here is my first experience with 1590A box - 4069 overdrive (ROG Double-D Bounce channel seriously modified):

Lettering added:

guts:

in its previous life, it was an antenna protector, hahaha!

Use it or lose it.

duck_arse

I was going to ask why the side plates, maybe for extra room, but then I saw you'd modified an anti-burst box. that smd stufff look like wow.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Luke51411

Smd, stripboard, 1590a, repurposed... most impressive!

KSG

Use it or lose it.

Hatredman

Quote from: KSG on March 16, 2016, 03:21:17 AM
Really liked it?  :)

I know I did.

Wow for the SMD layout. Really beautiful.

LOL for unburtsting the anti-busrt box. :D
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

KSG

Hello, guys!
Here is my next 1590A stompbox - Jack Orman's Son of Screamer modified according to my taste:

Use it or lose it.

bean

Here's a Muff. Somehow I've never managed to build a Civil War version so I did that here. Wow...I really, really like the CW! It is so smooth. Generally prefer the tone control in the last 1/3 for everything, though.

darron

Quote from: bean on April 19, 2016, 08:28:47 PM
Here's a Muff. Somehow I've never managed to build a Civil War version so I did that here. Wow...I really, really like the CW! It is so smooth. Generally prefer the tone control in the last 1/3 for everything, though.

i dig the cross brushing! gives the image a bit more contrast.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Groovenut

My latest Fet compressor design/build

It's furthering the basic Rothwell Lovesqueeze design. More headroom, more available compression, slightly faster attack and variable release. More pics http://lawrencepetrossdesign.weebly.com/newsblog/lpd-fet-compressor-ii
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

DK1

I feel a bit intimidated by this thread. My stuff is pretty rudimentary compared to most of these.

My first 1590a was a Cornish buffer. I wasn't interested in making it pretty, so I just ironed on the powder coated enclosure I got from tayda.

My next one was a SHO. Learned that Rustoleum 2X takes forever to cure, and never gets very hard. Also, my first attempt with waterslide decals.

Latest build is a poblano picoso, with volume control added. Still need to put clear on it. Waiting on the enamel in the etching to cure first.

DK1

adielricci

Can we post 1590LB builds here, too?  This is my first one...  :)

bluebunny

Quote from: adielricci on June 12, 2016, 06:03:41 PM

So that postage stamp you're holding in your hand is good for international letters, or just domestic?   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

Hey! That's not a postage stamp. It's a full sized pedal being held by the BFG!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

GGBB

Quote from: adielricci on June 12, 2016, 06:03:41 PM

Impressive and inspiring! Are you using low-profile jacks and/or stomp switch?
  • SUPPORTER

adielricci

Quote from: GGBB on June 13, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
Impressive and inspiring! Are you using low-profile jacks and/or stomp switch?

I am using the lowest profile jacks I could find, and a quite fragile (at least during the assembly - I destroyed one) mini stomp switch.

Quote from: bluebunny on June 13, 2016, 03:00:21 AM
So that postage stamp you're holding in your hand is good for international letters, or just domestic?   ;)

I think it might be just as good for international delivery...   :icon_lol:

deadastronaut

yay my first ever 1590a...fiddly little buggers aren't they...

a mere vol preset pedal...but very handy 8)

using a 3volt cr2032 for the led... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

adielricci

Beautiful work, DeadAstronaut!    :)

So, when are you going to cram a Chasm Reverb in one of these beauties?   ;)

patricks

Can I play too?

MXR micro amp, fully self-contained. Powered by a 12V 23A battery, and the circuit is switched on by using the sleeve of the guitar jack to complete the ground circuit.

The amp - decoration is with Sharpie only, cos I'm lazy :)

Gut shot, with battery in place:

Battery out, for a better look at the innards:

lars-musik

Seems I'm late! I see, the OCD in a 1590a isn't up-to-date anymore, it got shrunk even further. BUT I am still in overdrive mode and finished my 1590a version last night anyhow. Sounds cool - it sports the madbean's switchable clipping section (MOSFET + Germanium Diode vs. two LEDs).

I became a big fan of these jacks as they are stackable and leave enough room inside the enclosure for a medium sized %^&*tail party and some potentiometers.

Also, the etch came out fine.