Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

By the description the on the site it sounds like this is a MOSFET booster kind of circuit. The PCB and the pot is no big deal to fit in together with a battery. But I would like to see the jacks there using. Normally I have 11-13 mm left for to fit in a populated PCB after the jacks have been fitted in. A battery is thicker than that. 
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Thomeeque

Quote from: solderman on August 18, 2009, 05:39:10 AM
By the description the on the site it sounds like this is a MOSFET booster kind of circuit. The PCB and the pot is no big deal to fit in together with a battery. But I would like to see the jacks there using. Normally I have 11-13 mm left for to fit in a populated PCB after the jacks have been fitted in. A battery is thicker than that.  

Well, guys, it's not 1590A ;) Outer height is 38mm (+7mm compared to 1590A). See EP/1590A specs..

Since inner heigh will be approx. 34mm and max. width of 9V battery is 17.5mm, there remains 16.5mm for the jack and it's enough already for lot of common types of jacks.. end of mystery ;)

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

solderman

Missed that :icon_redface:
I wonder where that enclosure came from. Can't find a Hammond with those measurements

www.soldersound.com

jmwreck

cat

Quote from: spaceace76 on August 17, 2009, 05:19:13 AM
it definitely looks like photoshop, but Peter didn't invent the EP-Pre, he cloned it when he saw that there was a market for it, and a reason for it's renowned tonal response. I've spoken with him at length about cloning it myself, I doubt he would care if another company made their version of it. Unless they used his PCB layout without permission, that is. But they don't show the board, so no need to jump to conclusions.

I'd like to know where to get transparent knobs as well!

Yes but this is the ClinchFX EP-Pre:

And this is Xotics:

That artwork is waaaaay too similar for my liking. Xotic already have a reputation for taking a fair bit of "inspiration" from other pedals.

Cat

solderman

www.soldersound.com

DUY1337GUITAR

oh my gawrsh, these are sooo neat.  It would be fun to make all the colors of the Dan Armstrong effects (orange squeezer, purple peaker, red ranger, blue clipper, green ringer)  :o
Check out my guitar build at http://www.youtube.com/user/DUY1337GUITAR

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong....

MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

gena_p1

I did some kind of project for this big muff (1.5Megs) http://shiftcustom.netova.info/tmp/pmuff_project.zip
PCB+GGG sch+some pics

diggerbabydaggerbaby

i want to build a stereo multiple box in one of these enclosures. Does anyone think its possible to put 4 stereo jacks in one of these?

monkmiles

Hi all,

Newbie here that just wants to give kudos to all you guys who made the 1590a pedals, they all look great! I really love these small enclosures.

I haven't gotten into building my own...yet. But I do have some 1590a pedals: a Catalinbread Ottava Magus, Lovepedal Picklevibe, and am in talks with someone about adding a fuzz face and overdrive.

Valoosj

Another phaser. I really prefer the feedback mod to be a switch, not a pot.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

oliphaunt

Here are a couple of pedals I have built.  They are both single transistor boosts with clipping diodes.  They each have gain and volume controls.  The "lady" pedal has hard clipping with germanium diodes, the brown one I call Scorched Earth has soft clipping with zener diodes.  Both are pretty darn good sounding especially considering how simple they are.  The "lady" was built before I discovered the miniature Alpha pots, so it has a trimpot for gain accessible through a hole in the side.  

sevenisthenumber

Im looking for a clean boost that i can run at 9 or 18 volts that will fit in this enclosure! ???
One knob for volume...
Anyone have a layout or idea?

oliphaunt

Quote from: sevenisthenumber on September 24, 2009, 12:06:34 AM
Im looking for a clean boost that i can run at 9 or 18 volts that will fit in this enclosure! ???
One knob for volume...

Pretty much all of them.  Most clean boosts are low part circuits and can fit in a 1590A. 

Renegadrian

My favs are Tillman and DOD 210 - they will easily fit in an A
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

solderman

Quote from: sevenisthenumber on September 24, 2009, 12:06:34 AM
One knob for volume...

Check this one out. Its the Mini Man. A clean boost (~35dB) with a transparent ton. You can easely remove the Tone pot and the switch and the clipping diodes to have a one knob effect.
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Mini_effects.html

www.soldersound.com

Valoosj

My latest work: a big muff (4th one or so :d)

Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

oliphaunt

Quote from: Valoosj on September 24, 2009, 12:59:06 PM
My latest work: a big muff (4th one or so :d)

That's  pretty ambitious in a 1590A.  Nice job!  I'd love to see that circuit board and gut shot.

Valoosj

You think a muff is impressive? I even have room to spare with that circuit.

My delay and phaser are a lot tighter to fit.