Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtonesaudio

Might be a good candidate for "pancake" footswitches.

bigandtall

Quote from: Mugshot on January 27, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
Quote from: bigandtall on January 27, 2010, 06:00:58 PM
I'm working my way through the photos, but has anyone fit two effects in one enclosure?

I have a bazz fuzz and a tiny booster that I'd like to try and fit into the same enclosure.

The real challenge is two footswitches.

it can be done. however, slamming the BF with a booster will only result to noise, especially with bad cables. if you plan to boost/amplify the fuzzed signal i think that'll give you less problems.

wiring the 3pdt for two effects in one box is quite easy. maybe somebody can come up with a doodle how to wire them. :D

I know that it can be done... it looks like you can do two side by side footswitches... but should it be done?  :icon_twisted:

I just don't know.

I'm googling pancake footswitch now!

bluetubes

How about an option for remote switches.  If you have a control pedal for your effects chain(s) that might be an option.

Mugshot

Quote from: bigandtall on January 27, 2010, 09:32:51 PM
I'm working my way through the photos, but has anyone fit two effects in one enclosure?

I have a bazz fuzz and a tiny booster that I'd like to try and fit into the same enclosure.

it can be done. however, slamming the BF with a booster will only result to noise, especially with bad cables. if you plan to boost/amplify the fuzzed signal i think that'll give you less problems.

wiring the 3pdt for two effects in one box is quite easy. maybe somebody can come up with a doodle how to wire them. :D

I know that it can be done... it looks like you can do two side by side footswitches... but should it be done?  :icon_twisted:

I just don't know.

oops, didnt quite get that part, sorry :D

2 3pdt switches is a cool idea, like this,
i am what i am, so are you.

jkokura

Yes, but that's a 1590BB - try to do that in a 1590A is probably harder.

Jacob

Taylor

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on January 27, 2010, 08:20:35 PM
Might be a good candidate for "pancake" footswitches.

Yep, in fact I'm surprised these haven't already made their way into the 1590A thread. It makes for way for internal room. Another thing you "A" guys should check into are these pots:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Sfernice/P16NP101MAB15/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtxdMMi52izyiJit0RE1p%2fADnRgfjMHn9w%3d

It puts the wiper and resistance element inside the knob, so basically all that goes inside the box are the lugs. Free up lots of space that way. But they're quite expensive.

solderman

Hi
Look for a push switch that works like a rotary switch with 3 positions 1=bypass 2=FX-1 3=FX-2. I know there such things out there altough I cant find any at the moment. The ones I have seen have bean made for hand and not foot use so you might have to use i barefoot  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

Hi
I have made a layout for the new runoffgroove.com Tri-Vibe to fit in a 1590A box. I Might as well post it here. It's not the most perfect layout I have done. In fact it's quite a mess with a lot of ugly solutions. But it was not that easy to fit every thing in. The layout is NOT verified yet. Feel free to use it if there is some one out there that is as stupid as I am and tryes to squeeze this one in to an all to small box. I have ordered a couple of LM13600 so I can build the more normal sized version as well as this design really looks like it's going to be one off the classics and a "must build".

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Tri Vibe/Tri Vibe Project file.pdf
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Tri Vibe/Tri Vibe PCB.pdf
[/quote]

www.soldersound.com

Mugshot

Quote from: jkokura on January 27, 2010, 10:49:57 PM
Yes, but that's a 1590BB - try to do that in a 1590A is probably harder.

Jacob

2 3pdt switches in a 1590A? that'd kill me :lol:

pancake switches are what's on top of my head right now.

earthtonesaudio

Part of the fun of these 1590A builds seems to be that all the components except the box are "standard size." 

It would almost be too easy if you did everything SMD, with an ipod-style 3mm 4-conductor jack handling in/out/power/ground, and pancake switches.  If you did all that there'd probably be room left over inside for a 9V battery and a set of keys.

A philosophical question arises: would using pancake switches violate the "rules" of the 1590A thread?   :P

jacobyjd

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on January 29, 2010, 10:12:58 AM
A philosophical question arises: would using pancake switches violate the "rules" of the 1590A thread?   :P

I don't think so :-P

If it did, the first thing I would consider trying would be a momentary actuator and a PCB-mounted buffered bypass switch :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Mugshot

Quote from: Mugshot on January 27, 2010, 10:44:28 PM
Quote from: bigandtall on January 27, 2010, 09:32:51 PM

I just don't know.

oops, didnt quite get that part, sorry :D

2 3pdt switches is a cool idea, like this,

somebody slap me in the head! i just realized im in the 1590A thread  :icon_biggrin:

Taylor

Don't worry, your avatar's got it covered.

danielzink

100 Drive - a hybrid of the COT 50 and SHO circuits (ala Fred Briggs):

Dan

solderman

Nice work Dan, as always I might add :D
I think that the not so sparkly colour look classy

www.soldersound.com

Greg M.

Wow, lots of awesome builds here guys.  Congratulations.

Anyone reverse engineered a Lovepedal Pickle Vibe yet?  I would love to do one of those and it is in the little enclosure like all of these.

azrael

^im in the process of getting more detailed gutshots, but it's SMD parts. Doubt we could put it in the same size enclosure.

nbabmf

I etched this guy and stuck a SHO boost in it.

I'm still having a little trouble with a nice deep, crisp etch.  The acid seems to be eating the etch resist off.  I might need to do better surface prep.

jkokura

Clean job, really nice knob, and I think that etch job looks fine the way it is!

Jacob

solderman

Quote from: Greg M. on February 03, 2010, 03:00:56 PM
Wow, lots of awesome builds here guys.  Congratulations.

Anyone reverse engineered a Lovepedal Pickle Vibe yet?  I would love to do one of those and it is in the little enclosure like all of these.
Hi Greg

I really think that the Tri Vibe from ROG comes close to the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe.
From the sound samples I have heard. Well not exactly but good enough in most cases.

http://www.muziboo.com/TamuT/music/tri-vibe-sound-clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27pyidpezI

A Nice member of this forum took he's time and built my layout. He also was so kind to send me this build report.  I have updated my layout, PCB and projectfile abow on this page after he's findings. And it will fit in a 1590A box.

"Mine still has a few issues and I'm on my way out the door to a rehearsal so won't get to it until tomorrow night.  It sounds really good though.  I did everything listed above and clipped R4.  No ticking or other weirdness and the distortion is gone."

Thanks' a lot Gordon for the info and trouble shooting.

www.soldersound.com