Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Hoffman

Quote from: nbabmf on February 06, 2010, 06:06:37 PM
I'm still having a little trouble with a nice deep, crisp etch.  The acid seems to be eating the etch resist off.  I might need to do better surface prep.

Pretty much anytime you are having problems with something that involves surface prep, better surface prep is the solution! 

One problem I always had was that when I would try to put pressure on circuit boards with my iron, the iron would make the transfer shift and would give me blurry lines that were not well connected.  So, after pre-heating my boards, I carefully put my transfer in place, and then I use a couple wadded up paper towels (to protect my hands), and carefully rub the transfer using firm pressure to get it in place.  I then gently set the iron on everything, give it a minute or two, and rub again.  With Press `N Peal, I can very clearly see when the transfer is good, and as soon as everything is good, I cool it right away. 

That paper towel rubbing made an instant night and day difference in the quality of my transfers.  I've only etched one box so far, and I had some issues related to the enamel I used for the areas not covered by the P`NP Blue, but the actual transfered mask worked almost perfectly.

Gabriel

solderman

Hi

Some times things don't work out as planed. This time was such a time. The white colour did not agree with the top coat. The full face water slide decal saved the top so I decided to let it be this way. After all it's a Booster and it sure will crack up your tube amp big time. So let's use the paint as a statement for what it does. Or am I just lazy and inventing excuses for not sanding it down and start from the beginning.  :D Never the less it sounds grate and it is really transparent in the signal. The mid boost gives it a 70:s Queen HB sort of sound.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Mugshot

i am what i am, so are you.

kungpow79

My first 1590A, so I'll proudly show it off  :icon_smile:  Just an SHO.  Kept it simple with DPDT, no LED, and no paint  8)  Not as easy as it looks, mine kept shorting out on the stompswitch  :P

jkokura

what?!?! No Guts!??!

Looks great on the outside though. I've been thinking about doing a pair of pedals with brushed alum finish, but I want to do decals on them and I'm not sure how that will look on the unpainted BB Boxes...

Jacob

elshiftos

I did a black waterslide on a 'hand'  :( sanded box. Didn't come out too bad but then again, I did have access to a good HP laser at work!

MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

kungpow79

jkokura

Quote from: elshiftos on February 15, 2010, 09:38:45 AM
I did a black waterslide on a 'hand'  :( sanded box. Didn't come out too bad but then again, I did have access to a good HP laser at work!

Is that a 125B or a 1590B?

nbabmf

Come on kungpow... you could have fit an LED in there.

arma61

hi m8s

need your advice! I can't see how but I guess it can be a good exercise for everybody here !

do you think it's possible to fit in 4 jacks, a DC jack, a 16mm alpha pot, a 3pdt switch and a led into these little b..ds!

I'm not good at all in advance planning, every time I'm close to the end, building one of these, I just find there's something I've missed to plan/calculate !!!

thx m8

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

solderman

Quote from: arma61 on February 16, 2010, 11:01:33 AM
hi m8s

need your advice! I can't see how but I guess it can be a good exercise for everybody here !

do you think it's possible to fit in 4 jacks, a DC jack, a 16mm alpha pot, a 3pdt switch and a led into these little b..ds!

I'm not good at all in advance planning, every time I'm close to the end, building one of these, I just find there's something I've missed to plan/calculate !!!

thx m8

Armando

You will have no problem if you only want to fit in that. You can even protection diode and a current limiting resistor like a breeze.  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

arma61

Quote from: solderman on February 16, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: arma61 on February 16, 2010, 11:01:33 AM
hi m8s

thx m8

Armando

You will have no problem if you only want to fit in that. You can even protection diode and a current limiting resistor like a breeze.  ;D

hmm... I think I missed to mention the most important part, a PCB board, not big, it's just a miniblender, but still taking up its space !

I think the best will be to create, with some cardboard, a copy of the box and work on that.

Cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

jkokura

Try it out and see! If it doesn't work, then we know at least, and if it does - that's pretty fantastic!

As it is, I kinda doubt it. You'll probably have to go with a 9mm pot, and maybe have to work hard at finding the smallest jacks you can. Fitting 3 and a 3PDT for an A/B box was pretty hard for me...

Jacob

arma61

guys... good news.... it looks it can be done

look at this "back to back"

they both fit in the box and there's space for a 3pdt ( the 2 on the right have solder on the lugs so they're not close enough, but still they fit!)

then taking into account that jack will go through the holes there's space for a pot on one side and for a DC jack on the other side

It should be no prob find a space for 3mm LED, may be without socket, and the board is only 3 res 2 caps and a fet they may be layed flat on the pcb.

so now...... what am I missing here ?, as I say before, when I'm close to destination I always find something's missing.....

thx m8s
Armando

jkokura

the wiring. I hope that you can do it to be honest...

Jacob

thinline

Quote from: danielzink on February 02, 2010, 11:25:28 PM
100 Drive - a hybrid of the COT 50 and SHO circuits (ala Fred Briggs):

Dan

That's a sweet looking pedal Dan. How did you do the top? Is that a full face waterslide decal or a screen print?

arma61

Quote from: jkokura on February 17, 2010, 07:40:54 PM
the wiring. I hope that you can do it to be honest...

Jacob

yeah, the wiring, I thought about that, and if I can leave a couple of mm under the jack then I can run the wires there. It'll be just like a spaghetti dish but, .... you know I'm Italian so that's fine for me !  :D  :D

Valoosj

It's not as impossible as it may seem. Have a butcher's at this

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

arma61

Quote from: Valoosj on February 18, 2010, 08:32:24 AM
It's not as impossible as it may seem. Have a butcher's at this

hei, I can only see 3 jacks there, where's the 4th one ? !  :D  :D

Good job btw !