Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

That's a lot to pack in...

Only this guy wants more than that - 4 jacks and a switch (only one pot but...). That picture makes me less confident not more.

Still, try it - what's the cost really? A mangled 1590A is a small price to pay for science!

Jaco

arma61

Update...

there was something I didn't take into account (I knew that already!) when all the jacks are in there's no way to install the pot and DC jack, but I've found that using 2 different kind of jack (there are 3 different kind in total!)  I can do that

(crappy picture taken with my N70!)

almost completed

to be continued......
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Valoosj

Quote from: arma61 on February 18, 2010, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Valoosj on February 18, 2010, 08:32:24 AM
It's not as impossible as it may seem. Have a butcher's at this

hei, I can only see 3 jacks there, where's the 4th one ? !  :D  :D

Good job btw !

Well, 3 'sound' jacks, 1 dc jack, a led, a speaker, 2 pots and a pcb, it's kinda full :D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

danielzink

Quote from: thinline on February 17, 2010, 10:56:58 PM
Quote from: danielzink on February 02, 2010, 11:25:28 PM
100 Drive - a hybrid of the COT 50 and SHO circuits (ala Fred Briggs):

Dan

That's a sweet looking pedal Dan. How did you do the top? Is that a full face waterslide decal or a screen print?

All my pedals are full face waterslide.

Dan

the_blacknight

That's my first A enclosure pedal. just a simple linear booster..

azrael

What are some low profile and space saving yet also isolated 2.1 mm jacks I can use for 1590As? Normal ones are space steamers, haha.

arma61

I'm using these DC jacks in my pedals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&&item=290371860834&view=all&tid=398671780019&guest=1

If you let them "all outside" they take 3-4mm inside the box. In B or BB enclosures I put another nut inside so they don't "expose" too much outside!

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

azrael

arma61

azrael

^Oh yeah, that's what I use now. I'm hoping there's something smaller than that. :)

elshiftos

Quote from: jkokura on February 15, 2010, 07:53:34 PM
Quote from: elshiftos on February 15, 2010, 09:38:45 AM
I did a black waterslide on a 'hand'  :( sanded box. Didn't come out too bad but then again, I did have access to a good HP laser at work!

Is that a 125B or a 1590B?

It's a 1590N1- a bit of extra length and depth for when a 1590B is not enough :)

danielzink

Quote from: elshiftos on February 21, 2010, 04:39:03 PM
I did a black waterslide on a 'hand'  :( sanded box. Didn't come out too bad but then again, I did have access to a good HP laser at work!

It's a 1590N1- a bit of extra length and depth for when a 1590B is not enough :)

according to this thread.........a 1590A is always enough.......

:)

elshiftos

Quote from: danielzink on February 21, 2010, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: elshiftos on February 21, 2010, 04:39:03 PM

according to this thread.........a 1590A is always enough.......

:)

True, and I've realized that I posted OT on this thread - apologies for that :)

metallo

Thomeeque

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

solderman

Quote from: metallo on February 23, 2010, 06:25:08 PM
My first 1590A was a Big Muff Pi:

Hi
Hat's of for you sir. Nice and clean build. BMP is a bold first 1590A. Not that 1590A is different. Only needs more planning and less wobbling  ;)
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

metallo

Takk!  :)

Drilling the enclosure is the hard part, and it took me a while starting from 1.5mm pilot holes and gradually increasing to avoid disasters.

violatedpedalboards

I just finished putting lpb1 clone in a 1590a, I dont know how you guys manage to fit some of the stuff you do in the these cases. I will post some pics when I finish my flipster. Another plus this was my first none kit or premade pcb project. took some work to find the output jack was grounding out on the volume pot. It would work out of the case but not in it, never throught a handfull of parts would A) sound so good and B) be such a pain in the butt to debug.

solderman

Quote from: metallo on February 26, 2010, 10:53:31 AM
Takk!  :)

Drilling the enclosure is the hard part, and it took me a while starting from 1.5mm pilot holes and gradually increasing to avoid disasters.

Drilling is easy when you use the right tools. Before I started to use a step drill bit drilling an enclosure was a PITA. Now I only drill a 3mm pilot hole mostly to get good precision.
So, go out there and buy your self a step drill bit and all your trouble is gone, well almost, might not solve every thing   ;D

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

arma61

It's finished !!!

and the guts!!!

they are going to work together

Ciao
Armando