Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabi

here's my 'useful Idiot'  ;)

this was my first 1590A build, loved the size of it

elenore19

All of these pedals are so unbelievably cool.
I just got my first 1590A enclosure in the mail today. Even smaller in person. Can't wait to try out a simple boost in there...and move onto greater pedals...
All of you guys are amazing at this. Some of the stuff you manage to fit in there blows my mind.
Props!

rousejeremy

Quote from: kabi on March 19, 2010, 05:18:20 AM
here's my 'useful Idiot'  ;)

this was my first 1590A build, loved the size of it

Nice, I always wondered if the Tonepad Microamp/Dist+ board would fit in a 1590A
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

solderman

Hi
Here are some ones that I have put together lately and posted else ware but not here.

GOOD WAVE. The Tri Vibe from Runoffgroove.com

SUBWAVE Its the This is a clone of the Guyatone FL3 Flanger

BIGWAVE This is the Ultraflanger by John Hollis.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

arma61

Quote from: solderman on March 31, 2010, 01:22:18 AM

Those are really fantastic.

Just one questions, how do you fit the 2 jacks in there, it looks so crowdy! did you laydown the components so to leave spaces for jacks, though I cant see these spaces on the board. Is it possible for you to show the inside of the enclosure like it is just before you close it!

Thx m8
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

oliphaunt

This thread has been too silent, so here is a simple pedal.  It's a Buffer/Booster I designed (with some help from the forum).  I happened to be looking at two schematic for IC based buffers and boosts and noticed the similarities and realized I could easily combine them into one pedal.  It's a clean boost with a buffered bypass.  The boost has an optional low cut that (to my ear) smooths out the low end and keeps it from getting out of control when you boost for solos.

More info in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=83783.0

And some really ugly guts:

Ummagumma

@solderman: Thanks a million!!!!!  :-*

Ladies and Gentlemen The Subwave!!!

solderman

Quote from: arma61 on March 31, 2010, 02:23:09 AM
Quote from: solderman on March 31, 2010, 01:22:18 AM

Those are really fantastic.

Just one questions, how do you fit the 2 jacks in there, it looks so crowdy! did you laydown the components so to leave spaces for jacks, though I cant see these spaces on the board. Is it possible for you to show the inside of the enclosure like it is just before you close it!

Thx m8
Armando

Thanks Armando.
Well thers space left for the Jacks eaven if it's quite crowded in there. This is the only pic I have that shows waht it looks like. And this one was a bitch to get together but mostly because the switches not the Jack's

www.soldersound.com

solderman

Quote from: Ummagumma on April 14, 2010, 01:38:30 PM
@solderman: Thanks a million!!!!!  :-*

Ladies and Gentlemen The Subwave!!!

You are most wellcome. I am just glad to see that some one else can make use of my layouts. Thats the reason why I share them.

But what did you do with the regen pot/switch. A fixed resistor, what value in that case?
I can See that you used different Trannies witch one?

What do you think of the sound? I like it very much its not an in "you're face flanger" like the AD/A and the  EH- Mistress but more musical and useful IMO

The only mod I'll do to mine is to lover the  C02, 1uF to 470 or 220nF to get a higher max speed on the LFO for more vibe like tones. but I want to keep the slow settings to say "10 a clock" with the 1uF.

Sound samples??

www.soldersound.com

Ummagumma

QuoteBut what did you do with the regen pot/switch. A fixed resistor, what value in that case?
I've tested with resonance pot and found sweet spot (everything beside that position leads to self-oscillation) about 75k/25k so I made a resistor bridge like (1)-76k-(2)-27k-(3). Also 120k for R7. Trannies are BC550, low noise great substitute for 2N5088. Swapped C02 (1uF is surely vibe thing ) with 220nF to get this baby back to flanger zone.
QuoteWhat do you think of the sound?
Always knew that, Guyatone FL3 is the best "watery" half flanger, half chorus, among 3207/3102 (jet) flangers. Personally I don't like flangers, but this one I could always enjoy. ;)
Pluggin' this block into some echo makes you go :icon_eek: !!!

Here is something raw: (just plugged guitar into FL3->SansGT2(Clean)->SoundCard)
http://www.box.net/shared/5po9rgqfhz

Once again, great job man!  :icon_cool:

Akridosity

Cloned myself a SHO and had fun doing it.

I tried to do the Z.Vex thing.

Swapped the 10M resistors for 1Ms.

Sounds great through my DRRI.

benallison

This thread can never die!

I'm all hot for 1950A's now after scrolling through Dan Zink's website.

Dan, you're a mad man!

danielzink

Quote from: benallison on May 01, 2010, 10:30:12 AM
This thread can never die!

I'm all hot for 1950A's now after scrolling through Dan Zink's website.

Dan, you're a mad man!

Thanks !

I have a couple of new builds coming in the next week or two. I'll post 'em here.

Dan

oliphaunt

Well, here's a new one, details and layout can be found in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=84189.0

I need a better outside shot, but here it is, a low gain overdrive that started life as an MXR Distortion + but has been so heavily modified as to be virtually unrecognizable.

solderman

Hi all
Absolutely not OK to let this thread go to sleep. I've been byssi with my AD/A falnger project. It's a shirked one too but not to a 1590A size though. Now it's time to find a new project. Just don't know what. The one that I have in mind is a 1590A digital tuner. It's all in this thread;
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=83823.0
The layout is almost finished but I have no PIC programmer and I am a bit reluctant to buy one just for this one project since I'm not planning to go digital. I'm sort of hunting around to see if I can borrow one.
Dan;
What's cooking, any special surprises in the loop? Looking forward to see them.

www.soldersound.com

Ummagumma

Quote from: solderman on May 02, 2010, 01:48:32 AM
Now it's time to find a new project. Just don't know what.

Well, if you are asking, I've always wanted to have Ross compressor in 1590A box. :)
And maybe phase 90?

Scruffie

Quote from: Ummagumma on May 02, 2010, 04:43:23 AM

Well, if you are asking, I've always wanted to have Ross compressor in 1590A box. :)
And maybe phase 90?
Maybe you wont get it in a 1590A but did you see my post about making a TZF Electric Mistress with MN3007s as your on a bit of a Flanger High? If you could get that in a 1590B you'd be my hero  :icon_mrgreen:

Valoosj

And maybe phase 90?

Phase 90 has already been posted here ...
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

Quote from: Scruffie on May 02, 2010, 03:56:00 PM

And maybe phase 90?
Maybe you wont get it in a 1590A but did you see my post about making a TZF Electric Mistress with MN3007s as your on a bit of a Flanger High? If you could get that in a 1590B you'd be my hero  :icon_mrgreen:
I'll Sleep on the ;D

www.soldersound.com