Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

In the Toronto area, Sayal and A-1 Electronics have 1590A's.  They are a little bit cheaper at A-1 but there is more selection at Sayal.

PereatMundus

@tasos
Just walk into any decent electronics supplyer anywhere in the developed world and they should have it or can order it shipping free ;)
Its a global standard enclosure.

and now:
FUN!

Hey:

Just thought I'd share a wild sketch:
this is -physically- possible to set up AND sort of.... use in a SMALL gigbag style Pedalboard.
Specifically the:
Road Runner Pedalboard All-In-1 Gig Bag (the one I use, and sketched for)

Size: : 2-1/2"H x 12"W x 21-3/4"D

Just a quick mockup, I did in 5minutes, but its more or less exactly to-scale, and spaces work with snug enough cables, or jack-jack plugs.

so you would fit all this for instance:
( Possible in 1590A setup proved in this thread or otherwhere on  interwebs: )

a Wah-Pedal
to the right ;)

Its possible to "for instance fit:

-18- 1590A's (vertical)

OCD(custom layout)
Timmy(modded)
a Fuzz
ValveCaster
RAT(modded/customlayout)
Octave
Machine(modded)
Compressor
3switchable boosters in one 1590A
Mxr NoiceGate(modded/custom)
BBE Sonic(modded/custom)
Tuner(modded)
Powerstation(custom power-supply to drive pedals)
Malekko Reverb
Small Clone(custom)
Mxr 6bandEQ(modded)
Tuner(Modded)
CopyCatDelay
*not the best choice; but just to make the point ;)

in the 2 small boxes over the Wah,
1Booster, and 1 sattelite-Noicegate momentaryswitchOFF(mod)

in the horizontal 1590A.
Routing

in the horizontal bottom.left bar:
dedicated channel Router/switcher

Insane.. fun ;)
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

neurino

Hullo everybody, it's been a while since my last effect in a small box but I found the time to do this at last:

it's a Marshall Blues Breaker clone as in notepad schematic, but with a RC 4559 instead a TL072 (please notice I made a mistake in the layout so I had to flip pins of the IC and put it in the socket upside down lol ::) :P )

The "decal" is made with a reverse toner mask then darkening the uncovered aluminum with hydrogen peroxide (in other words an etch without etching...), removing toner and then adding clear coat.

and here the gutshots... a bit crowded in there:  :icon_mrgreen: under the stripboard three 9mm alpha pots

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: tasos on February 04, 2011, 04:17:40 PM
hmmmm...i had a look around but most sites have crazy shipping!only small bear is pretty reasonable....i am not going to pay 6 for the enclosure and 10 for the shipping! ;D

The first rule of electronics is: you never buy one of anything.

solderman

Hi
Some times things take a little longer than you expected. This project was meant for the 666 competition. But a slow delivery of the small pot's crashed that plan. But better late then never. So here folks, meet The "Boogie Man" Its, as you might suspect a Dr. Boogie only in a slight smaller costume than you usually find him.

The paper decals is to be changed for water slides soon.

Soundsample:
http://solderman.fatabur.se/DR_Bogie/DB.mp3
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ultran8

that is unbelivable . great job man whats is sound like . and whered u get your pots from i been lookn for those. your awesome man thise is my feeble attempt so far with this box. it was a impedence changer for mics so i added the g and made it a fuzzface . not near your caliber but fun!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

neurino

@solderman: hats off, really stunning :o

Don't want to bother but... no led?  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Joecool85

So, my big question with these builds: how well does the stomp button work?  I'd think with it being such a small enclosure and most of these have the button ALL the way on one end it would flip up when you step on it.  Am I wrong thinking that?

I might have to get a circuit into one of these bad boys.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Valoosj

It really doesn't flip up, and if it does, use velcro.  :icon_biggrin:
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Joecool85

Quote from: Valoosj on February 18, 2011, 02:14:39 PM
It really doesn't flip up, and if it does, use velcro.  :icon_biggrin:

I suppose you could rework the design to have the button in the middle...that should work I would think:

Top of pedal
Out

STOMP

IN
Bottom of pedal

**edit**
I'm thinking of using it for a basic stutter pedal with a three part layout: two jacks and a switch that grounds out the signal when stomped.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

tasos

hey guys....what is the dimensions of this box please?
92x37x30mm...
i found the dimensions by chance just right after i posted! :icon_razz:

i only have access in these dimension boxes 35x75x30 or 35x95x30....i will probably go for the first!it is actually smaller than the hammond! :icon_razz:

solderman

Quote from: neurino on February 15, 2011, 08:37:47 AM
@solderman: hats off, really stunning :o

Don't want to bother but... no led?  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

There is one under one of the eye of the ghost.  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Valoosj

Quote from: neurino on February 08, 2011, 04:39:30 PM
Hullo everybody, it's been a while since my last effect in a small box but I found the time to do this at last:

it's a Marshall Blues Breaker clone as in notepad schematic, but with a RC 4559 instead a TL072 (please notice I made a mistake in the layout so I had to flip pins of the IC and put it in the socket upside down lol ::) :P )

The "decal" is made with a reverse toner mask then darkening the uncovered aluminum with hydrogen peroxide (in other words an etch without etching...), removing toner and then adding clear coat.

and here the gutshots... a bit crowded in there:  :icon_mrgreen: under the stripboard three 9mm alpha pots

Where did you get those power jacks?
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Valoosj

blooze_man

Wow. Mind sharing how you did the glowing ram's head?
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Valoosj

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

tubelectron

Hi All,

This collection of super-compact Fx's is again and again simply delirious & delicious...

Now this is my time to contribute, at last, with my 2000 Pound Bee - a Mosrite-FuzzRite-Ventures fuzz pedal.

Note that it is a full-feature unit, incorporating battery, battery holder, ext. PSU jack with battery cut, input jack with battery cut, blue 3mm led, so it can be used as a standalone item.

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

elshiftos