Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Taylor

FUZZZZzzzz

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Boobslappy

I'm looking for an Eagle .brd file that consists of a board outline (the entire length of the enclosure) with a 3PDT foot print at one end.  Thx!  great builds!

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: Boobslappy on May 09, 2011, 10:35:42 PM
I'm looking for an Eagle .brd file that consists of a board outline (the entire length of the enclosure) with a 3PDT foot print at one end.  Thx!  great builds!

That would be really great. Otherwise I might try and make one myself at the weekend.

is there room for offboard jacks like that do you think?

Boobslappy

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on May 10, 2011, 06:59:31 AM
Quote from: Boobslappy on May 09, 2011, 10:35:42 PM

That would be really great. Otherwise I might try and make one myself at the weekend.

is there room for offboard jacks like that do you think?

Based on the pics in these threads I think you can squeeze in some offboard jacks.  I have the dimensional drawing of the 1590a but do not have a physical enclosure in hand so I was hoping someone who has designed a working board could at least give out some dimensions (especially the curved cutouts at the corners as the drawing I have does a poor job of documenting this)??

guitarmageddon

Quote from: Valoosj on May 10, 2011, 06:32:58 AM

Wow!
Any chance of a gut shot?- How on earth did you get a transformer in there? :o

Valoosj

I posted a gutshot of one of these a few pages back. This one is already out to the customer.
The trick is to measure it all out, it was a very tight squeeze :)

This is the same pedal, different finish.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Crowella

Not the best picture but I just built an EA Tremolo into a 1590A, with a bit of cursing and some luck with PCB drawing  :icon_wink:

If you do plan on doing a 1590A pedal, make sure your trimpots are low to the board.  :icon_lol:

Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

arma61

nice job!

we would like to see its bloody bowels!  :D  :D

Cheers

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: nocentelli on April 30, 2011, 07:12:29 AM
Here's my latest effort - A Bigfoot FX Magnavibe vibrato pedal clone:

NICE!! hey, you don't by chance have a schematic, do ya?
i hear it's almost the same as a wobbletron, other than the fact it works...that is... :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

PereatMundus

Wondering when Im gonna get the time to print up decals and put theese together....   8)
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

PereatMundus

I ended up starting with my LineDrive.

Actual color is more like the first image then second.
Paint is Gold Vein. *textured surface gold on peaks blank on valleys.

No gutshot since its all covered up anyway. (to make things fit the bottom of the large PCB is "towards" the bottom of the box. so cant see anything anyway.
But there is a picture of the circuit there.

It is an AMZ Mosfet Boost circuit with Mill1 circuit on same PCB *tonepad layout.
I have added my own Jfet Buffer. Made it as tiny as I possibly could, hooked it up to a Mill2 circuit and DPDT switch.

This way I can use a DPDT footswitch not a 3DPT and still get individual LED indication for the Boost and the buffer as well as retain True bypass.
Only had a 3DPT switch available thou so tossed that one in anyway. I kind of enjoy the "feature/Bug" of the Mill1 circuit that makes its
LED  put out a very low light when power to the pedal is on, reminds me of a standby indicator, which i like.

The original Idea was to fit all this in my Extremely tiny box. (half the size of a 1590A) seen unpainted in the image above.
that's why i did separate PCBs as well as the mill2 and my own jfet buffer as tiny as I possibly could.
Yet the paint on this 1590A was so spot-on what I was looking for so I used it instead.
Got waterslide and paint to make decals thou this one I think I´ll leave as-is. just love the paint too much.

Millennium Bypass circuit = http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Millenium/milckt.gif
AMZ Mosfet Boost By Jack Orman = http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm
Jfet Buffer, my own version but here is some similar ones = http://www.muzique.com/lab/buffers.htm

PereatMundus

zVex Machine in a 1590A with 2nd stage gain added.
Silver Vein paint. actual color better in 2nd photo.

the extra Pot is the internal Trimpot for 2nd stage gain in between the frequenzy tripples (a SHO stage).
I dont understand why Zvex didnt make this an external pot, its seriously Nice to be able to control it!

EATyourGuitar

its not a 1590a but I figured its tiny and its close enough. I cut and sand all the jacks down so they fit.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

jimmybjj

My 3 inch "SUPER HARD ON"  ;D

My first project into a 1590a Not as tough as i had imagined, i freehanded all of the jack placements, no planning at all  ;D Thankfully it came out pretty good. Used my own layout with board mounted pot.

PereatMundus

Green Ringer
Meathead

fuzzzzsszzrrrr

azrael

Do you 4 knob 1590Aers have drilling templates for your enclosures? That seems so hard!

so hard to fit two 16mm pots next to each other in a 1590A. :o

Stripped down Tubescreamer type design, as in no tone control, but more like a Timmy, I guess, with some of my own tweaks....
Using a modified version of Renegadrian's Tube Reamer Layout. Thanks, dude!

Renegadrian

Really nice job, man!!! Feel free to post the modified layout if you want...Yeah!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!