Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfie

A couple of little boosts, going for the brutalist aesthetic.

First a valvecaster

Pink LED

Next an LPB-1

The LED is housed in a glass lens, making it obnoxiously bright.

Lights up the ceiling.

deadastronaut

that valve is just asking for a good kickng... ;D

nice builds. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

SmoothAction

Yea the tubes wouldn't last a day with my feet. Nonetheless, great looking builds dude!
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

Havaden

It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

stahoo8

Hi. My New 1590a. Clone - Foxx tone machine.

PereatMundus

To pretty much all that posted in the last 6months or so, Oh myyyy---    :icon_eek:
:icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Impressive *slow-clap*   You go away and build amps for a year and a half and everybody's gone pro, surface mount and whatnot..
Guess I have to do something about those 10+ PCB's that needs pots and boxing.  :icon_redface:
Hey I've built a couple of Sloclones n'stuffs I'm sorry  :icon_redface:
(( pretty much did 1 every weekend for a few months if I remember correctly a ways back ))
Great stuff guys, great stuff!
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

mikitz

My first build ever... a M*R Micro*mp. In retrospect maybe 1590a isn't the best choice for a first build, it gets really hairy in there fitting it all in, especially when you are doing everything for the first time. It was acid etched a la Ruz's tutorial. Luckily enough everything fired up the first time. I etched and drilled before getting all the hardware.. there was barely enough room to fit the circuit due to low jack placement. The blue LED is from tayda with 220 ohm resistor, but perhaps a higher ohm resistor next time for a bit dimmer light..

For the "gut" shot you can't see much since I had to put electrical tape over the bottom of the circuit so it wouldn't make contact with the bottom of the enclosure.. didn't want to remove it once everything was working. (Yes the circuit is mounted upside-down, I used standing caps that wouldn't fit otherwise!)
Amateur Pedal Maker for myself and friends

haveyouseenhim

Wow. That is fantastic for a first build. Consider yourself ahead of the pack. A lot of us have problems with etching enclosures.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Perrow

Quote from: mikitz on January 12, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

I see the problem, you rushed it.

Next time take your time, aim properly and you'll get that damn cat. Don't worry, it's easy to get the shot high if you're a let the arrow go too soon.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

midwayfair

That's an amazing first build, and a perfect etch. Congrats! And welcome to the forum. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

mikitz

Thanks for the nice feedback! It was my first full build but I've soldered non-audio projects in the past and this was my 3rd etch in a batch of 3..

1st etch is on the back of the above boost:

2nd etch is for another project in a 1590b (looking forward to the roomy off-board wiring) Although I kind of like the weathered look it wasn't what I was going after.

The etch improved dramatically after switching to this presentation paper
http://www.staples.ca/en/HP-Premium-Presentation-Laser-Paper-8-1-2-inch-x-11-inch/product_863054_2-CA_1_20001

mikitz

Quote from: Perrow on January 13, 2014, 07:31:52 AM
Quote from: mikitz on January 12, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

I see the problem, you rushed it.

Next time take your time, aim properly and you'll get that damn cat. Don't worry, it's easy to get the shot high if you're a let the arrow go too soon.

LOL yes I still haven't been close enough to determine if it is a cat or a fox or a ...?

elflicho87

Here's my first 1590A...
D.A.M. Red Rooster, basically a rangemaster with an input cap blend added.

ciao

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: elflicho87 on January 15, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

Is that etch or Laser? If it was etch, how did you manage to clean up the borders and lettering without damaging the paint job?

Either way... Fine job there!  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hemmel

Quote from: elflicho87 on January 15, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

Did you etch that yourself ?
It's a good idea, the etch probably takes 1/10 of the time it takes me, but I'd be worried about solder bridges between a pin and the copper filling (don't know how else to call it).
Bââââ.

elflicho87

@ Govmnt_Lacky
actually I did damage the paint job... it is a regular etch but the paint coat is a little to thick so when I tried to reveal the graphics with fine sand paper I sanded the paint a little too. indeed it is a little duller (does this word even exist?) looking on the top than on the sides of the box.
@ Hemmel
yes it takes less time but you have to be more precise and careful when soldering. this was the first time I tried it and I think it may be a nightmare on bigger and heavy populated board, but feasible with such small boards.

Hexjibber

Quote from: elflicho87 on January 16, 2014, 06:23:22 AM
actually I did damage the paint job... it is a regular etch but the paint coat is a little to thick so when I tried to reveal the graphics with fine sand paper I sanded the paint a little too. indeed it is a little duller (does this word even exist?) looking on the top than on the sides of the box.

Wow, you've done a great job with that etch, have been thinking about trying colour like this with one of my reverse etches, what sort of paint did you use, just regular out of a can?

elflicho87

Thanks Hexjibber, it was a regular metallic green enamel can
I've layered many (to many) light coats, but I've noticed that they should'nt be to thin to look right
on one side of the box I sprayed a thicker coat and the result was smoother and more tridimensional.
the best is, as always, in the middle

Hexjibber

Quote from: elflicho87 on January 16, 2014, 06:34:55 AM
Thanks Hexjibber, it was a regular metallic green enamel can
I've layered many (to many) light coats, but I've noticed that they should'nt be to thin to look right
on one side of the box I sprayed a thicker coat and the result was smoother and more tridimensional.
the best is, as always, in the middle

Great, thanks for the tips, I will give it a try! :)

elflicho87

just make sure your etch is deep enough so you dont sand your beautiful and shiny paint like I did...