Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

jonnyeye

Here's a hand-sharpied (ooh, aah) prototype hybrid silicon-germanium dirt pedal I put together back in November last year, that I just got back from the guy I loaned it to.  (I don't really like 1590As, they're just too small for my taste, but for the purposes of one-off simple circuits they're functional and cheap).

The requisite gutshot:

Putting two 16mm pots on typical stripboard like this is not recommended - the pot lugs have to be modified so they don't short out on each other (I managed to screw it up the first time, wrecking one pot in the process, and even now there's only a mm or so clearance between one pair of lugs).  Also, I managed to leave the LED resistor lead a little too long which caused it to short out against the case sometimes (it's trimmed in the above photo so that shouldn't happen again).  I also redid the lettering which had all but worn off, then touched it before it had dried (whoops)... I need to invest in some kind of proper finishing tools. But hey, at least it sounds great!

motvej

peterg

Stunning work Motvej!  I was thinking that Beardsley's work would look good on pedals. You've incorporated lettering in beautifully. Re pots: I've never seen 2 lug pots. How are they laid out and where did you find them?

stahoo8

Hi. Introduce two further effects stuffed in casing 1590.

CE-2

in progress

and Octavio by Dunlop

alanp

GrindCustomsFX Temple of Giants fuzz, based on EffDub's Babylon Fuzz. This is a seriously nice little fuzz, and if you use your guitar volume it's a lot more flexible than you'd think. I've got Russian D9D germaniums, 1N914's, and two 3mm red LEDs.

The Ge/LED/Si clipping switch was decided on after Rej suggested it to me :) he pointed out leaving LED permanently connected, since if you have Si or Ge turned on, they "over ride" the LED, kinda.

bluebunny

Quote from: peterg on February 09, 2014, 08:27:16 AM
Re pots: I've never seen 2 lug pots.

Looks like a regular pot with one of the lugs snapped off.   :icon_eek:   I had one like that in a P45 (before it snapped off completely) - caused me no end of grief in debugging!  (Great etches, btw!)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

^ yeah i think your right, it had me wondering why i'd never seen those too... ::) ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

peterg

You're right! The angle of the photo threw me off.

motvej

thats wright guys!
broken pot))
I think where can it be usefull
A100K is utility

gena_p1

stahoo8 - CE-2 is very nice, congratulations!

jimilee

One knob fuzz from grindcustoms. Too cold out to paint so here it is

jimilee

Afterlife optical compressor finished a few weeks back.

bluebunny

Quote from: jimilee on February 13, 2014, 10:08:13 AM
Too cold out to paint so here it is

We don't have that problem over here in the good ol' U of K.  No, the paint would just get washed away.

Together with the painter...   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stahoo8

Quote from: gena_p1 on February 13, 2014, 02:26:18 AM
stahoo8 - CE-2 is very nice, congratulations!

Thanks. It was not easy. Higher density of elements than the copy decimator. Next challenge - pearl oc7  :icon_mrgreen:

therealfindo

Quote from: jimilee on February 13, 2014, 10:10:35 AM

Afterlife optical compressor finished a few weeks back.

ah nice.. no stomp needed if it's always on, right? ;)

stahoo8

Tremulus lune in my arrangement :)

Knob fine was realized on the trim pot on the side.

pickdropper

Quote from: motvej on February 09, 2014, 06:45:26 AM
work in progress!

These are some of the nicest pedals I have ever seen.  Absolutely beautiful.  I'm VERY impressed.

motvej

Quote from: pickdropper on February 15, 2014, 05:13:21 PM
Quote from: motvej on February 09, 2014, 06:45:26 AM
These are some of the nicest pedals I have ever seen.  Absolutely beautiful.  I'm VERY impressed.

thanks man, nice to hear such wonderfull review!)
I recently returned to the production of stompboxes, but just for myself.
I do not do anything for sale because I'm not too good engineer... (in fact, i'm terrible in it)
And also sells are too bad in my country)

PS. one of theese three pedals finished, MXR Microamp:

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//