Midi Switcher Compatibility

Started by burningman, February 06, 2008, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burningman

Can products like the Skrydstrup SC1 Midi Board, FX1 MIDI Footcontroller etc. be used to control typical DIY midi controllers? What needs to be considered when constructing a controller to allow for commercial products? I understand this may not be a simple explanation. Thanks.

R.G.

It's a simple question, simple answer.

As long as both units both speak and understand the MIDI data stream as specified, they'll work fine.

'Course there's a lot of detail under that "MIDI data stream as specified" thingy. But this is the correct answer.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Austin73

You need to have a look on Ucapps site for diy midi controllers as they are more boffin orientated than us mojo chaps but should be no problem as RG said. Maybe you could elaborate to what you mean by DIY midi controller.

It might just be a coincidence but the moderator has the same name as Skrydstrup

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

burningman

Thank you for the responses. Sorry about the confusion. I typed controller when I meant switcher: diy switcher controlled by a Skrydstrup and Axess-Electronics foot controller.