Ibanez sd9 footswitch.....????

Started by FrankB, March 03, 2008, 12:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

I've unearthed a very old Ibanez SD9 from my moms house.... op.k. it was a while ago, It's had a broken footswitch which is missing from the inside of the pedal. Also the wiring layout is missing the battery and footswitch wiring....
  Wich leads me to being CLUELESS as to how to wire up a new (wich one) footswitch so I can enjoy this box once again..... any help bas to where the &^$%#& nthe wores go and wich switch will work as a replacement?
  Thanks
   Frank

iaresee

No clue where you'd find a switch for it save maybe pillaging another 9-series pedal, but it's worth fixing. The SD-9 is one of my favourite 9-series pedals. I always carried one as a backup in case by Rectifier bit it during a show.

FrankB

I have a switch, pilfered it from a pearl effect unit, I have emailed Ibanez aa while ago and have not received any response at all  :-\.
  I have found a photo online, which is of the older single board layout, which is not helping me. If anyone has an sd9 with the pots on a sepreate board, please shoot a nice clear shot of the insides showing where the wires go, I'll send you a six pack of good homebrew.
  email it to me here
  frankbrigandi@yahoo.com
  Thanks

zachomega

Any 9 series switch will work. 

The switch is basically just a small oval shaped board with a momentary switch.  Then there is a spring attached to the top of the momentary switch and the other end fits into the dimple on the big metal part of the switch.  However, ANY momentary switch will work.  Not sure of the color coding in your pedal, but the current TS 9's have a red/white wire and a black wire (which is ground). 

More than emailing Ibanez, call them.  They have a phone number.  Tell them you need the switch assembly for a TS9. 

Hope this helps,
-Zach

iaresee

You can also do a 2/3PDT switch mod to if you don't mind drilling the case. Something like what Keeley does

There's enough room in the SD-9 to get a 3PDT in there.

If you decide you don't want to bother with it shoot me a PM. I miss my SD-9. Shouldaneverhavesoldit. :(