Need Less Delay time on DD3 mod!

Started by WorkBench, March 24, 2008, 12:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkBench

I just modded my Boss DD3 by removing the delay tim pot and running the 3 wires to a stereo jack.  I plugged in a Boss volum/Expression pedal, the FV300L.  It works nice, but I need to somehow get even less delay time.  When the expression pedal is all the up the time is delay just a tad too long.  I need quicker delay right there????  I tried resistors across the minimum volume pot on the expression pedal to no avail.  I can increase the width of the control, but not the zero point.  Any thoughts???  Thanks!

Chris
All good things in all good time

ayayay!

Just guessing here, but it sounds like the tone pot value of the FV300L isn't the same as the one you removed.  I know you should still be able to get shorter delay times, but is/was there a "minimum setting" resistor somewhere?  Or does the FV300L have a minimum setting?  I know nothing about these two pedals, but that would be the first thing I checked. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

WorkBench

Yes, the FV300 has a minimum setting, and I even tried the original pot from the DD3 in it's place.  That still produced too long a delay time, even at the minimum setting. 
All good things in all good time

domenico

Hi what's your version? I have a dd3 version 1 and I need a close up picture of the pcb , can you send me ?