News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

RELAYS (again...)

Started by jimosity, April 29, 2008, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimosity

OK - So I've searched the boards and read tons of posts on relay switching, including the GeoFex stuff, the 'Wicked Switches' article and several others across the internet...but I'm still having some issues with understanding EXACTLY what gets connected to what to make it work.

I have an 5VDC/1A SPDT Micro Relay (Radio Shack) that I would like to use to switch channels on my ROG "Double D" preamp.
If I can incorporate an LED (or two depending on which channel is active), that'd be a huge bonus, but not a necessity.

Looking at the wiring for the switch as shown on the ROG site, it looks like Volume and Gain for each channel are on separate poles for each channel.  Does that mean I won't be able to switch channels with a SPDT relay?

Or if I have two relays; how would I wire it up?

Can someone give me more of a direct answer to this specific problem instead of a 'logic behind it all' sort of answer?
I have been beating my head against the wall on these silly relays for months and just can't get past 'em.
If I could get it wired up in my particular instance, maybe I'd understand it better.
Jim Rodgers
jim@americanhc.com

dschwartz

You can do something like this:

no logic mumbo-jumbo ..you lazy......
you have to check which pin of the relay is wich.. use a 9 volt battery and a dmm and find with pins are the magnet..the relay clicks when the magnet is activated..
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com