Build Report DR BOOGIE (BOOGEY) with sound clips

Started by rogeryu_ph, June 02, 2008, 04:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogeryu_ph

Quotesuddenly i am more skillful with the soldering iron than with the guitar
:icon_lol  ;D
Anyway, mastering both is awesome isn't guys....
Kawayanstrat ... 7 Dr Boogeys :o  Hey, I thought Dschwartz has the record holding doing 4 boogeys.....
Mine, just this one and I'm reluctant to do one more....

Dschwartz i'm still hang on my question on WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE USING NON-POLARIZED AGAINST POLARIZED ON THOSE FET SOURCE SPECIALLY ON THIS BOOGEY CIRCUIT? 
Electrictabs uses polarize but then Gaussmarkov used NP. Is this theory or just in practice?

Anyone..... I may encounter the same circuit  so that I or some may know...
Roger

dschwartz

Is not a matter of polarized or not, is a matter of electrolytics or not..poli films just sound better (some claim, i donĀ“t hear the difference)

i use .68uf at the first stafe cause is film, and less bassy.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

km-r

hahaha! glad to hear that mr roger!

i found something quite "unusual" with my DB.
my guitar has a fet preamp/buffer in it. i didnt have any squealing in my first and only DB build. [all j201, 4.5v D's]
one time i have to remove the fet buffer and the DB squealed! then i tried plugging it with my bro's bass and it still squealed!
it was only when i reinstalled the fet buffer that the DB stopped squealing!
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

rogeryu_ph

Quotei found something quite "unusual" with my DB.
my guitar has a fet preamp/buffer in it. i didnt have any squealing in my first and only DB build. [all j201, 4.5v D's]
one time i have to remove the fet buffer and the DB squealed! then i tried plugging it with my bro's bass and it still squealed!
it was only when i reinstalled the fet buffer that the DB stopped squealing!

Strange, that should not be the case. Well you have to stick with preamp on your guitar but some may not borrow your DB if that's the case. Options are to re-bias the Q1 or change it to MPF102 or 2n5457.

Roger

ANDYEFFECT

dschwartz

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

tranceracer

That sounded really good.  Did you use the Dr. B to push your amp into distortion or another distortion effect?