MXR Carbon Copy mods?

Started by benallison, June 07, 2008, 03:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benallison

I have a Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai and it's great, but the mod is only so-so. So, I'm dying for a delay with lush modulation, and the Carbon Copy looks sweet! However, I hear the modulation is a bit too subtle. Since I'll be using it for ambient textures, having ample modulation on tap is important.

Anyone know of a mod to increase the modulation (yes I know it's smd). It's either this or:

- get a dmm (too big)
- mod an fx loop into a dd3 and add a chorus (too...boss :S)
- get an echo park (too unreliable)
- get a memory lane/nova/timefactor (too $$$)

PurpleStrat

Yes if you search at HCFX there is one. I have not tried and not sure I want to though. Plus I have not heard of anyone doing it successfully.

benallison

Wow thanks!

I think I can swing that.

PurpleStrat

Please let us know how it goes!  ;)

JasonG

I have a friend with one and he says you can adjust the modulation till its nice and thick. I don't know what reviews you have read but, I would suggest you try one out at a store that will let you tweak it thats the only way you will really know. I played one a little bit and I think it kills the dm-2 I used to have.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

benallison

I'll def try it before modding. it might be ok for me stock.

it's just nice to know that there's an option!

Dragonfly

Quote from: benallison on June 07, 2008, 05:21:02 PM
I'll def try it before modding. it might be ok for me stock.

it's just nice to know that there's an option!

PM me with your email address and I'll forward the mod to you.

IIRC Joerge Tripps was the one who came up with the mods.

benallison

Thanks Dragonfly. I was able to find it thanks to Purplestrat.

Mr Way Huge himself (designer of the Carbon Copy) actually posted the mod to the effects forum! Standup guy.

You can find it here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1931248&page=3

Dragonfly

Cool...glad you found it !    :)