Noob with a BSIAB2 - sounds thin and compressed. What can I do?

Started by bag302, June 13, 2008, 06:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bag302

Hi, I got a completed BSIAB2 but it sounds thin and compressed, like the sound is coming out of a pocket radio. The low end disappears like a speaker that's out of phase. I hear the sound I want in there, but want to get more low end response. Is there anything I can do to accomplish this? Remember, I'm a total circuit board noob so my abilities include playing with the trim pot (what does that do anyway?) and not much else. I don't know any of the terminology really but I do have all of the tools. Here's a picture. Can anyone show me exactly what to change? (if possible) Thanks!!

GibsonGM

Seems like you should:
1) If you bought it, return it and get a different one
2) If you built it from a kit (noticing the nice board there), read the DEBUGGING thread in the Build Your Own Stompbox forum.
You'll need to build and learn to use an audio probe (use the SEARCH function for that)....very simple.   Something is either not connected correctly, a capacitor not connected correctly, or you have a defective part.   But it's very hard to diagnose something without the measurements asked for in the Debugging thread!

OTOH, someone on here may know that PCB and send you a tip or something, so keep trying!   
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...