Old BYOC MK2, hoe do you use the the Fuzz Face in?

Started by PurpleStrat, June 23, 2008, 10:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleStrat

Do you just use a toggle to switch the input wire or does anything else need to be done?

the recluse

I initially had some difficulty with this mod following the diagrams on the BYOC site but eventually got it to work by doign the following-

Move the trim pot to a panel mount pot.  There is quite a bit of bias variance between the two circuits so you will want to be able to adjust it easily when you switch.

use a DPDT to allow you to switch the input wires as well as the input resistors.  I don't remember the values off hand, but I believe the resistor you will want to switch is the one mounted next to Q2 on the PCB. 

Good Luck.

PurpleStrat

Thanks! I will likely make switches for the input and seperate bias pots.

the recluse

I suppose in theory you could just determine the necessary bias values for each mode and replace the trimmer with two fixed resistors that would switch when you change modes (with a 3pdt toggle). 

PurpleStrat

Quote from: the recluse on June 23, 2008, 12:56:38 PM
I suppose in theory you could just determine the necessary bias values for each mode and replace the trimmer with two fixed resistors that would switch when you change modes (with a 3pdt toggle). 

I would rater have the ability to set them. You know how gremaniums are!