Does anyone know these transistors?

Started by A.J., June 29, 2008, 04:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J.

I wish I had a camera to take a picture - however - I picked up garage sale Sony radio today - looks late 60's, maybe early 70's...

There are 4 transistors - they look like the metal can BC108 type but a little taller and with a thicker section at the base (like two stacked cylinders) - they each are marked a little differently: C76, O76, C73 - one says HIN182 under that marker, all are labeled Sony.  NPN, Hfe 35, 55, 110, 460.

The Hfe 55 and 110 sound great in the axis face but the 55 is really noisy.  Does anyone know if these are Ge or Si?  Can't find anything on the Web...

Lots of other goodies in there - some carbon comp resistors and some neat radial capacitors

A.J.

Andre

I don't know anything about the other 2, but I think the one labeled C76 is a 2SC76 and the C73 is a 2SC73.
The datasheet says they are NPN germanium transistors.

Here's a link to the datasheet:http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/286864.html

André

A.J.

Thanks Andre - without that 2S at the beginning I couldn't find anything....they seemed and acted like Ge.....

Many thanks,

A.J.

petemoore

Measure the transistors internal diode threshold voltage, compare to known Ge and Si diodes. 
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Andre

Quote from: A.J. on June 30, 2008, 09:04:37 AM
Thanks Andre - without that 2S at the beginning I couldn't find anything....they seemed and acted like Ge.....

Many thanks,

A.J.

You're welcome.

I worked at the service department of a Japanese electronics company, so I'm sort of familiar with Japanese electronic parts.

André