A quick expression pedal question

Started by Radamus, July 25, 2008, 05:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radamus

I am currently building the meatball clone, and I have the option (like in the original) to include two expression pedal jacks. I have several switching jacks (they were cheap at futurlec) and I figure I might as well. The trouble is that I have no idea how expression pedals work and how I should incorporate them into the pedal. The pisotones website includes some hints, but I'm just not  sure how the pedals work.

Thanks in advance.

axg20202

When I built the McMeat I chose not to bother with the expression pedal connections, but I believe the expression pedals are just remote pots that are effectively being placed in series with an existing pot in the McMeat. The expression pedal will move the resistance value around the current setting of the pot in the meatball. Note that the jacks need to be isolated from the chassis to work properly. You should probably buy the expression pedal that is recommended for the real Meatball. I think the wiring of the sockets is included in the McMeat schemo, but I'd have to check....