Problem with Markm HAO rustdriver, please help

Started by stefcuypers, July 31, 2008, 12:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefcuypers

Hello,

Build myself a Hao rustdriver from Markm's layout and having a hard time get it proper working. Build it on perf according to the schema. Problem is that there is a very loud singing tone all the time, sort of feedback but lower, oscillation probably is the best word to describe it.

The difference in components i used are:

1n4148 for the 1SS119,
R7 is R42k and not 47k,
R8 is 420k and not 470k
and C3 is 0,01uF and not 0,012uF.

Been debugging it the whole afternoon and can't find something wrong, checked it 3 times. I don't have more electronic knowledge than check the connections and measure the resistors and check the caps with the written values. If someone have a suggestion or tip would be great, really want to get it working! Thanks,

Stef

jlullo

Hey there!  Follow the sticky on "what to do when it doesn't work".  Post your readings and we'll try and figure it out!

DougH

A) There's no schematic of this circuit anywhere in the archives, layout gallery etc that I can find.

B) There are 2 caps on the layout that have leads that are apparently not connected to anything. Unless there is something about the layout I don't understand, was since modded or explained, these appear to be mistakes.

So....Sorry, I cannot help.

This is not your fault, but it underscores why I really hate layouts being posted without schematics.

The schematic's the thing... The schematic's the thing... Etc...

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Renegadrian

Here's Markm layout

Starting from that, I made my own Vero

DAMN IT IS NOISY AS HELL!!! Gain pot doesn't work properly, and that insane hum!!! grrr...
Used 1n4148 as diodes, caps and res follow the first layout. I put in a Mill.2, but that shouldn't bring problems, as I always use that layout...

Some voltages...
dc jack from unreg. wall wart 10.20

LM358
1   5
2   5
3   4.80
4   0
5   4.80
6   5.10
7   5.10
8   10.20

--------------------------

Quick update - I tried to hook up a battery, this was meant to have dc jack only, but I wanted to try.