LM386-NTE832 Mini Amp

Started by tranceracer, September 16, 2008, 01:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tranceracer

Just built this mini power amp for a friend's Ipod.  No need for volume since they will control the level from the player.  Here's the schemo and traces.  This can be easily built using vero but I wanted to design a small foot print ckt to use in this little case.  It puts out about 450mW w/ the 9V.

W/ an added 10K pot at the input This would be a great little test amp ckt to test pedals etc.

drk

wow! thats really small! mine is way bigger  :-\
nice  ;)

tranceracer

Quote from: drk on September 16, 2008, 07:11:33 PM
wow! thats really small! mine is way bigger  :-\
nice  ;)

Hey Thanks drk!
It was such a small simple little ckt.  Now I have some use for some scrap 3/4" PC board I have laying around.  The enclosure is a hearing aid shipping case.
...I know it's no stompbox but in the spirit of DIY.   :D

Another friend just gave me two LM2002 5W amp chips.  Next on the list is a mini stereo 5W amp for testing!

drk

looks compact :)

coincidence, some time ago i did a 5w stereo amp too! its what i play with in my room
its a nice thing

tranceracer

Quote from: drk on September 17, 2008, 04:58:52 PM
coincidence, some time ago i did a 5w stereo amp too! its what i play with in my room
its a nice thing

That's cool!
I just did a 5W LM2002 amp also this past week!  I revised the PCB so the LM2002 chip sits at the edge of the board so it can easily mount a heat-sink or mount it to a metal chassis.

The old "design" had the LM2002 chip in the middle of the PCB and was difficult to mount much less find a heat sink that would fit in the old location.  If anyone's interested, I'll be glad to post the PCB layout.

DOH!  Can't fit the heatsink!

New PCB, much better!  Those two long prongs on the left are speaker connections from scrap electrical wire. 
The little prongs are for the power.
This little amp can be mounted directly to a speaker terminals.  The terminals are sturdy enough to use as wire-wrap posts also.