Electric Mistress Deluxe clone ( mix/balance trimpot problem)

Started by reeko81, September 30, 2008, 07:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reeko81

Hi to anyone!
I've recently built my Electric Mistress Deluxe clone.
It started working nicely at the first attempt, than I started tweaking with all five trimpots to adjust better to my taste the sound.
Although you should need an oscilloscope to set it as per factory settings, your ears may be better than oscilloscope cause this trimpots are all really friendly and listener-user...

It has been easy to set them, but I've found useless that balance/mix trimpot... I've tweaked a lot with it but I haven't heard any change ...
Gain trimpot, feedback trimpot, clock and bias all affect the overall sound, but it's really difficult for my ears to distinguish a subtle change when tweaking this balance trimpot!?!!??!?!

Is there something wrong with my build or is this its real function?

Have a good DIYing!

Riccardo

StephenGiles

I thought that preset was to set the maximum level of the regeneration (Colour).
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

reeko81

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 01, 2008, 10:18:28 AM
I thought that preset was to set the maximum level of the regeneration (Colour).
You're right...Infact testing it at better volume than last night I've noticed that a full ccw balance control makes the sound more metallic, as if regeneration is at its maximum level...
And that's it!
Thanks for the prompt reply!

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

brunocbicalho

mth5044

Out of curiosity, was it really cheaper to make it then to just buy the pedal?

I mean, the transformer, chords, all those IC's, not to mention the large enclosure needed for the circuit board. Id be curious to see how that compares to the 134$ MF has it up for.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: mth5044 on October 02, 2008, 03:46:09 PM
Out of curiosity, was it really cheaper to make it then to just buy the pedal?

I mean, the transformer, chords, all those IC's, not to mention the large enclosure needed for the circuit board. Id be curious to see how that compares to the 134$ MF has it up for.

We dont do this because it's cheaper!  we do it for the challenge!

Also, EHX doesnt make a 9 Volt version any more, but there is a DIY 9 Volt version
Try a little tenderness.

mth5044

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on October 02, 2008, 09:46:35 PM
We dont do this because it's cheaper!  we do it for the challenge!

Also, EHX doesnt make a 9 Volt version any more, but there is a DIY 9 Volt version

Ehhh  I guess so. Personally, I have a price/challenge ratio that I don't like to break. But I feel that slowly slipping away as I care more about building stuff then working on guitar skills  :'(

Anyway, more power to ya if you can build it. I just like those big ol' enclosures EHX puts some of their pedals in.  :icon_mrgreen: