Beavis Box In A Day ?

Started by FuzzAldrin, October 11, 2008, 01:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzAldrin

Wanted to try this method and I am sure Dano is buried in emails and it would take a while for him to answer, so I thought I would post it here.

1. If you brush this on a pedal, wont there be brush strokes?
2. After baking, is it hard enough to use? Wont there be any dents, from handling, etc.?
3. ANy other thoughts/hints/tips?
4. Where do u guys buy the polyurethane? Home Depot? How much?

jacobyjd

I know this isn't the exact same thing, but it's the same idea----out of order:

4. I actually get the cheapo enamel spray clearcoat from Walmart...blue can, clear cap. Bought some about 15 mins ago for $1.12
1. this stuff sprays on
2. After baking, it's hard enough to wet-sand, then spray on and bake another coat, and when you're done with your last coat, it's rock-hard and ready to use
3. touch it to make sure it's completely baked before you actually pull it out of the oven...it shouldn't be too hot to burn you
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

FuzzAldrin

Well, Ive been spraying for awhile now. Wanted to try the box in a day method because there is no spraying (if youre using a powdercoat form SB, that is)

2 reasons I dont want to spray:

1. Its getting cold outside... nuff said
2. Everytime I spray it comes out good, except there is always atleast one side of the box that is very rough, even though I sprayed it. Even if I spray it evenly and thick this seems to happen. Pisses me off to no end. Tried Krylon and rustoleum clears...