Hey, whaddya know, it works!

Started by Mark Hammer, December 20, 2008, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Last night I tried a simple experiment.  I plugged my guitar into a Green Ringer, and then into a Blue Box modded to give either 1 or 2 octaves down.  When I set the Blue Box for 2 octaves down, and fed it with an octave up, I got exactly the same thing as when I bypassed the Green Ringer and set the Blue Box to only one octave down.

Who would have thunk it, eh?  And maybe that's the litmus test of when you've actually nailed optimal octaving up...you can divide it and get octaving down.

Boogdish

that's awesome.  Now you need a second blue box and a parallel splitter/mixer box so you can be playing in -2, -1, normal and +1 octaves simultaniously.

Sir_Ian

BUT!!! if you put the blue box on one octave down and then through the green ringer....I bet you don't get the same thing as your bypassed signal!!!!

I've heard clips...its in the same octave....but weird and fun.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

ianmgull

I think I've heard the clip you're referring to somewhere, it sounds like a comic book. I've wanted to put these two things in the same box for a while now, but in what order?????

arma61

Quote from: ianmgull on December 21, 2008, 03:36:50 AM
I think I've heard the clip you're referring to somewhere, it sounds like a comic book. I've wanted to put these two things in the same box for a while now, but in what order?????

you can use this

http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/PedalHacker/OrderSwitcher.htm

to select A into B or B into A, so you can make your funny octaver

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

drewl

You guys have entirely too much time on your hands :icon_biggrin:
Don't you have some shopping to do or something?