Footswitch build for peavey

Started by Evad Nomenclature, January 03, 2009, 04:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evad Nomenclature

Hey guys.

Quick question.  A buddy of mine needs a new footswitch for a Peavey 5150 head, I gave him my Fender one to use thinking that it would work, but alas it doesn't.  I guess it's still a dual stomp, but the Peavey one is supposed to be a channel selector and effects loop enabler or something.  I can build a Fender switch np, but I wasn't sure the difference between the 2 switches.
So... Anyone have a schem or build for the Peavey footy?
thanks much
dave
Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

Chris S

Hey Evad,

I've built foot switches for a Peavey Classic Amp. My amp is just a 6.5mm stereo jack. The sleeve is the common wire the ring is for channel selecting and the tip is for reverb / effects. To turn on the channel connect the sleeve with the ring, to turn on the reverb / effects connect the sleeve with the tip. The Peavey foot switches are just SPST switches I used DPDT so I can get an LED to tell me if they are on.

Hope that helps

runmikeyrun

My windsor had an effects loop and boost footswitch and they triggered a relay to switch each channel.  Pretty sure they are momentary stomps.  I remember touching the ring and sleeve/ tip and sleeve together momentarily and making the relay flip.  Might want to try it with a stereo cable and some alligator clips first.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

nico13

Quote from: Chris S on January 03, 2009, 08:27:41 PM
Hey Evad,

I've built foot switches for a Peavey Classic Amp. My amp is just a 6.5mm stereo jack. The sleeve is the common wire the ring is for channel selecting and the tip is for reverb / effects. To turn on the channel connect the sleeve with the ring, to turn on the reverb / effects connect the sleeve with the tip. The Peavey foot switches are just SPST switches I used DPDT so I can get an LED to tell me if they are on.

Hope that helps

I've got the same wiring on my Studio Pro footswitch.
Did you put a battery to feed the LED because I've tried to put indicator LEDs on mine but the voltage is only there on the switches when the overdrive / reverb are off.

Chris S

Yeah as you suspected I just put a battery in there - I pretty much use a power all the time but for this I made an exception as it was just 2 LEDs. The first battery I put in was a used one and it lasted nearly two years.

MasaRGR

Not sure if this will be of any help - but I found a peavey footswitch photo.

I don't remember where I got it from, but hopefully you might be able to get some ideas from it.

Masa