Small Clone (that won't) Chorus

Started by anticpunk, January 18, 2009, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anticpunk

has anybody run into a dead Small Clone? Mine still passes the clean signal, but the chorus effect is gone.

I first thought that maybe the 3007 died, when that didnt pan out I replaced the 4047. Still nothing.
I replaced the 358 with another dual opamp (1458), no fix there. replaced the transistors, still nada.

any guesses? The only thing I didnt touch was the FET, though I'm still not sure what its function is.
The pedal had a broken pot, which I replaced with the proper Rev. Log pot. I removed the depth switch, adding
a jumper in its place. other than that, it is stock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

liddokun

I heard from some past research that the current production small clones aren't true bypass. Instead, they have a dry signal separated from the wet signal, then when it's engaged, the wet signal is mixed in. I'm guessing that's the problem with your pedal is that somehow, the wet signal isn't being mixed in.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

anticpunk

Perhaps the FET controls the wet signal then? Must try and find the original schematic. I have the Heladito from tonepad as my reference and it is the same with exception of the fet switching part.

thanks,

Jay

oskar

anticpunk

Oskar,

Thanks so much for that!
I think I see whats happened already.

-Jay