New vero layout: the A/DA Flanger

Started by cathexis, January 24, 2009, 04:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stompin Tom

Wow. Missed this the first two times around. Very impressive vero-ing, cathexis! I'm shocked you had the patience and dedication to vero such complicated circuits (looking at your gallery). Thanks for sharing!

cathexis

Thank you! This is still my most satisfying build. Without it I probably never would have gotten around to buying an oscilloscope, and I learned a lot in the process. Success with a project of this size gives you lots of hair on your chest :)

quarara

I'm just posting to say that in this layout the pot for threshold control is wired backwards. honestly I don't really care about it, since I think it's more "logical" this way, but you know, maybe for the purists it's important :P
Since I'm here, I'd like to say thanks to cathexis for this wonderful job. I fired the flanger up and I can hear the bbd working. I have to calibrate it properly, but I can't do it by ear, hope to use a 'scope next week.

StephenGiles

Quote from: quarara on December 13, 2009, 03:38:33 AM
I'm just posting to say that in this layout the pot for threshold control is wired backwards. honestly I don't really care about it, since I think it's more "logical" this way, but you know, maybe for the purists it's important :P
Since I'm here, I'd like to say thanks to cathexis for this wonderful job. I fired the flanger up and I can hear the bbd working. I have to calibrate it properly, but I can't do it by ear, hope to use a 'scope next week.

A properly calibrated ADA is one which sounds good to you - so I believe that it's better to set up by ear.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

quarara

Quote from: StephenGiles on December 13, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
A properly calibrated ADA is one which sounds good to you - so I believe that it's better to set up by ear.

Thanks for your words, but maybe my ears are as not as good as yours. I haven't be able so far to dial with the trimpots in a way the true sound of A/DA could be heard.