ADA Flanger Enclosure Plans *Inside*

Started by Paul Marossy, February 19, 2009, 05:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

I have everything wired up in my enclosure now. It's a bit of a tight fit when everything is wired up, but it just works. I love that it is as compact as possible. I hate really large enclosures, they take up too much room on my pedalboards.

Now I'm down to just waiting for the MN3007 chip to arrive to finish it up.  :icon_razz:

StephenGiles

I love your box, I wonder how tough balsa wood of sufficient thickness would be? I made the wings for my P90 pickup out of balsa wood.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Paul Marossy

Quote from: StephenGiles on February 28, 2009, 10:18:54 AM
I love your box, I wonder how tough balsa wood of sufficient thickness would be? I made the wings for my P90 pickup out of balsa wood.

Balsa wood is good for some things, but I think that I can safely say that balsa wood is not a good choice - it's just too soft and it would break too easily. Plywood is very strong for its thickness.

I seriously think that it would take a very large dude stomping on my enclosure VERY hard to maybe damage it.

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: Paul Marossy on February 27, 2009, 12:05:36 PM
I dunno. What's your IP address?
It's cool now. My home IP is not blocked, only my IP from work (vodafone Netherlands).

Auke Haarsma

and ofcourse: the enclosure is looking great!

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on March 01, 2009, 06:43:20 AM
Quote from: Paul Marossy on February 27, 2009, 12:05:36 PM
I dunno. What's your IP address?
It's cool now. My home IP is not blocked, only my IP from work (vodafone Netherlands).

Cool, glad you were able to see those pics. All I need is for that MN3007 chip to get here to take it for a test drive...

Ice-9

Hi Paul, Thats looking really nice and unusual with the finishing you have chosen. How have you dealt with the covering material joints along the corners and edges of the enclosure ?
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 02, 2009, 05:06:28 AM
Hi Paul, Thats looking really nice and unusual with the finishing you have chosen. How have you dealt with the covering material joints along the corners and edges of the enclosure ?

I have a clean seam on the four corners and the top right & left edges of the control panel. The seams are nicely kept in place with the careful application of some super glue.

Paul Marossy

Well, my MN3007 IC chips came in the mail today. I put one in and the circuit started up with no problems... whew! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do any troubleshooting as it's a pretty complicated circuit.

A little tweaking of the trimpots and it's working nicely. Just a couple of small bugs to work out, but overall I am very happy with it.  :icon_cool: