'Freebie' virtual guitar effects

Started by gez, September 24, 2003, 07:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

DSound's GT Player is being 'given away' in the Nov edition of Computer Music (magazine costs £5.50).  It can 'turn your PC of Mac into a real-time effects processor" for guitar.  Effects include BPM Delay (the main reason I bought it), chorus, distortion, graphic EQ, noise gate and reverb.

Digital delay for under six quid - I'm not complaining!  Haven't fired it up yet as I'm still getting to grips with some new studio software (read: haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing but the graphics look good - oneday I might understand it all!).

No rants about digital please!  It's not worse/better than analogue, just DIFFERENT.  Get your head round that concept and you can do some interesting new things with it.

www.dsound1.com
www.computermusic.co.uk
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

cd

Interesting - sounds like it's a VST host with included guitar effects.  Can also be done with VSTi Host 3.01, which as a little better compatibility IMHO.  

Unfortunately, for OSX users the best amp plugin (Amplitube) is OS9 only in VST form, and Amplitube Live is still too limited (no Rewire support).

gez

I'm glad I got flagged for this as I'd totally forgotten about this software.  I'll have to dig it out and fire it up...if I can bleedin' find it!  :icon_redface:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

aron

QuoteUnfortunately, for OSX users the best amp plugin (Amplitube) is OS9 only in VST form

What??? Is amplitube still only OS9? What about all of that fanfare about OS X?

MartyMart

Amplitube II is OSX/ Audio Unit compatible  :D

MM>
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com