News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

geofex A/B/Y

Started by trixdropd, March 26, 2009, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixdropd

Quote from: Andi on April 10, 2009, 06:15:01 AM
Lifting the ground on a transformer isolated output (if you mean disconnecting the shield at the output) will, I'd think, result in no signal making it out - no complete circuit.
You're probably right. I may work on this again today. i've been frustrated so i took 2 days off...

trixdropd

I like to have closure on my threads. I gave this another go last night on a pcb since I've started etching. I used the GGG design and connected the ground of out 1 to the input ground as to not have a floating ground.

I believe I have this thing working now. I think that channel 2 bleeds a hair into channel 1 with my grounding deal, but it's silent without the noise I was experiencing on my perfboard build.

Thanks for the help guys!!

trixdropd

I'm back again.....

The pedal is dead quiet and working nice. The issue is that there is a slight high end loss on clean tones. i don't really hear it on hi gain stuff. I made a multitrack recording so i could compare and be sure, and it's ever so slight.
What can i adjust to let a peep more of highs through?

On a side note, I'm tying 1 output to ground which defeats the purpose of the transformer isolation for that channel. in the future could this just be made with 1 transformer?

Barcode80

without the transformer isolation you are probably losing those highs from the extra impedance of the other channel...

trixdropd

Quote from: Barcode80 on August 21, 2009, 02:34:36 PM
without the transformer isolation you are probably losing those highs from the extra impedance of the other channel...
I'm through the buffer 1st though, so I thought that would null that issue...

kurtlives

Can any 1:1 transformers be used for this design?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

trixdropd

Quote from: kurtlives on August 21, 2009, 03:20:15 PM
Can any 1:1 transformers be used for this design?

There's a lot of info if you google general guitar gadgets a/b/y