Demeter Compulator Vero Layout... needs verification

Started by Projectile, April 20, 2009, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Projectile

I just completed a Vero layout for the Demeter Compulator using this schematic. It's my first attempt at a Vero layout and I haven't gotten a chance to build it yet, so I need someone to look it over for me. Note, that the knobs are reversed from the original unit. I didn't have a the vactrol or trimpot handy for sizing, so I used this PCB layout to guess as closely as possible. I think it will fit, albeit a bit tight. Further documentation and pcb layout are available at the "other" stompbox forum.

Here it is:

Just a question...

Is it okay to sub the 20K log pots with 25K log? Smallbear doesn't carry that value. I assume it will work fine, since both pots are just forming simple voltage dividers, but I've gotten myself into trouble making assumptions about substitutions in the past, especially when dealing with logarithmic pots, so I thought I would ask first. Thanks.

Projectile

Bump. Still looking for verification. Parts ordered.  :icon_biggrin:

Droogie

I know this was posted a while back now but I just built it, and after figuring out that diodes like to be placed in the right direction :icon_smile:, I can verify that this layout works. I wired it a little more conventionally with the LED off the board though. It's a nice sounding comp. Thanks to Projectile for creating the layout!