News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

rack interface

Started by eleanor296, April 21, 2009, 11:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eleanor296

here we go guys...
now that I finally got most of my rack gear, I think I can start building the interface.
Here's what's up:

1 rack space chassis

parallel splitter/mixer:
-line level
-1 in split into 4 outs, which are sent to corresponding rack pieces, which all do stereo split.
-4 stereo returns (as in 2 jacks per "return"), one of which has a pot for the actual "mix" control, which will mix the signal into 1 stereo signal (again... two jacks for left/right)
(others don't need pot... since they have a hardwire mixer section inside, while the last one doesn't)
-I already have the schems from a thread I conducted earlier this year
- big question:  how can I wire the jacks so when for example I don't have anything plugged into the "right" jack, the signal will be summed to the "left" jack?

interface:
3 audio feedthrus (might also be used for channel switching interface w/ head, etc.
1 MIDI feedthru with phantom power.

Power:
- using some sort of flatpack or toroid transformer to provide 3 12VDC high current outputs for rack gear... not sure how high high current is, but I think the ratings on the back of the units are very "generous" to say the least.
-power the mixer section
-power midi phantom power
-trying desperately to avoid ground loops

I'll get a diagram knocked up later on... sorry if this is confusing right now.  Just writing down ideas.  :icon_rolleyes:

Please, feel free criticize/give opinions/ideas/etc.

Thanks!
Andy

trixdropd

sounds cool! I'd like to see what you have done so far...