Rebote 2/ Rebote 2.5 difference?

Started by edd101, May 14, 2009, 06:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edd101

hello,

about 2 years ago I've built a Rebote Delay 2 from tonepad.com and I had some problems with getting a pt2399 chip and I had to put it aside. Few mounth ago I finnaly got myself a chip and got it to work :).....nice sounding delay I like it a lot I' box it and show you he finnished project :icon_cool:!!!! But......can anyone tell me ehat is the difference between rebote 2 and rebote 2.5???does it sound better or what?!?!

thnx, great place to read about stompboxes and stuff!!! lots of interesting people ;)

Ed
...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

Renegadrian

I read somewhere that BYOC took the REBOTE 2 schematic and sold it as the "digital delay" (and yes, if you compare the tonepad schematic and this one you can find at BYOC forum you'll see they are the same.)
So Francisco Pena took it a little further but it's just some tweaks at the filtering, for the little I know...
I am currently working on a VERO layout for the REBOTE 2, got a couple of PT's myself last week...
I'll post it when done/verified.

---------------------------------

Yes, I'll paste what I copied and saved from BYOC forum.

The BYOC delay is a clone of the Rebote 2.0 by Francisco Pena from Tonepad. After Keith build the BYOC delay board, Francisco updated his delay design to version 2.5, with several changes in gain structure and filtering throughout the circuit. After studying the Rebote schematics, I realized that there only were 4 extra components, making up two extra lowpass filters around the delay input & output. The rest of the changes are value changes on existing components. So I thought it should be fairly easy to do a drawing on how to build the BYOC to 2.5 spec - and here it is.

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

oldrocker

I built the orginal Rebote version also using the Princeton datasheet schematic with the buffer on the input.  2 knobs easy to operate and sounds great.

edd101

thnx for the replies guys!

the reason why I'm asking is that I need another delay unit.  I already built rebote2 and it sounds awsome but I read the topic about echo base and it seems also interesting. the only thing bothers me about echo base is that it is non true bypass. Personaly I don't need tails/bass function and it's only a matter of time to make it true bypass :) btw if somebody can share echo base layout for true bypass, I'll be very greatfull :icon_wink:

Ed

edd101

btw, my rebote turned to be very quiet and the repeat were very very little distorted even on the max settings! I also tested it with my H&K tubeman and the result was even better 8)

I prewired a SEND RETURN to the wet signal and connected my GE-7. as a result I could add a lot of different colours to the sound :)